CCKW TRANSFER CASES

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW TRANSFER CASES

Post by RANGER »

CCKW t6X6, the other for the 6X4. TYhe 6X4 CCK version had the front optput shaft blanked off, and the low range was blocked off.
The Timken Transfer came in two versions , one for CCKWe in the Timken Transfers. Anyone who installs the wrong Timken Transfer will have a long face.
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Dozerman51
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: CCKW TRANSFER CASES

Post by Dozerman51 »

Hello Ranger,
I'm a Dodge guy, but will take a chance at your question. Is it because one unit had counter rotating shafts and the other did not? Hey if I am wrong, at least I took a stab at the it. :)
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: CES

Post by RANGER »

I forgot about that, yes the Banjo Transfer has an extra shaft haft dedicated to the front axle only and spins opposite the direction of the fer or axle types. It was not an infrequent mistake by those who tried to make the best of the parts that came easy to them.
What I was actually gettingeedometer cable than the later Timken Transfers using the Round Military style Guages. The Speedometer able for the Civilian Instruments turns at least 10% faster, It is not a simple job to change the speedometer drives around, and they are no longer on dealers shelves.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it