Tools & Equipment thread, as requested.

for discussion of Tools & Equipment associated with any vehicles.

Also check out: G503 Tools & Equipment ( Vehicle & Pioneer)
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Looking for Tool Set

Post by FISCH »

Looking for tool kit for my command car. Resto on the car is done, now its time for the bits and pieces.

Guy in MVPA used to sell complete, but that was about 3 years ago... so if anyone has a lead
WC-56
tankdriver
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: 57mm ATG, M3 Autocar Halftracck, M3A1 Diamond T Halftrack, 43 WC63.
https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/

Re: Looking for Tool Set

Post by tankdriver »

The gentleman that used to sell them was William Warren. He died at the MVPA convention last year, in Topeka. His son says he is not going to pick up where his Dad left off. So no one that I know of is furnishing a full kit. It now will be just a piece at a time.......
1943 WC63......1942 57mm Anti-Tank

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

MVPA Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors... https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Tanky . Try the G503 forum . There is a fair bit {Bloody lot,s about J@@p Tools on there }. most ww2 tool,s are the same for Dodges and j@@p,s .Roger Briggs from utah and workdog seem to have a lot off tool,s for sale . Velchk was the tool supplier for Dodges . Tyre pump and some other tool /equipment was universally used on all US ww2 Get John Barton,s Flee market guide to J##p tool,s and accessories . It is a good reference book . Most dodge manuals have a list of dodge tool,s Ray
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: Dodge WC56

Post by ziro »

This is the the set what you need.

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

G503 Tools is the place - its all there but scattered.

http://g503.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=48

There should be a list of exactly what you need in your manual or parts list.

Be aware Chrysler used some tool suppliers more than others, jack types changed, and don't even get me started about MVMTS, GMTK variants, or higher echelon stuff.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

Actually I have the bottle jack with handle, Debella's jeep parts is selling repro Tire Pumps

I was hoping for a one-shot done kind of thing for the rest. Oh well it is what it is...

Just ordered the Canvas from Worthings, and found a rear window.

I have the car done as a "transition" not necessarily accurate for "all early" or "all late"

basically, an early war dodge with Blackout light mounted on top of the symmetric headlight guard; narrow fuel neck; pioneer tool kit on the boot; but over the large white star.... so it looks like an afterthought; pull out light switch, key ignition and blue drab serial numbers on the hood. And of course because it is a 42 the Dodge plate on the front.

My only problem is I can only get late top bows so it will be the one piece top. I know the configuration may sound strange, but what I have seen is no one really captures the mods that were going on while the allies (US) got its stuff together early in the war.

But hey, its mine and I do what I like as long as I am not cutting up the car or selling for scrap nothing I have going on can't be fixed by the die hard with a bit of paint and may some filler....
WC-56
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

Ziro,

I agree with you, but unless you are selling you are just teasing. :|
WC-56
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by ziro »

Teasing??? Bullshit. I have shown you only the details that you would'nt buy the wrong stuff. When you think that this is teasing, I can't help you.

I have a NOS tool set canvas bag with the original paper package for sale, if you are interested. I have to do photos to show you...
ziro
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Ziro . Maybe you could ask Gordon Mc to start a new post below FAQ pertaining to all the equipment used on the wc,s .1/2 ton and 3/4 ton Dodges .Don,t forget a picture of the 723 spanner . Other people could post pic,s of MG mounts ,Tyre chains ,Pioneer racks and tool and part number , and where they went on all dodges from ww2 .41-45 Cheer,s Ray
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by ziro »

Super rare!
220 Euro inclusive shipping

FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

ziro wrote:Teasing??? Bullshit. I have shown you only the details that you would'nt buy the wrong stuff. When you think that this is teasing, I can't help you.

I have a NOS tool set canvas bag with the original paper package for sale, if you are interested. I have to do photos to show you...
ziro
Ziro, apparently I have offended you. That was not my intention.

However, when you state "This is the the set what you need" along with the photos I could not infer (yes I am thick) that you were making an offer for sale

If you are selling a set, then yes I am interested.

But again, based on discussion and lack of attendant detail I was unable to discern if you were making an offer to sell the pictured tools. So again my apologies.

Respectfully,

Fisch
WC-56
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

ziro wrote:Super rare!
220 Euro inclusive shipping

The bag is nice, but I have to think on the cost...ouch.. I know it is NOS with original packaging.

Respectfully,

Fisch
WC-56
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

If someone makes a tool threw I can sticky it at the top. I would also like to do a parts change over list, and a few other topics for newbies and us veterans
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by ziro »

That would be nice to have a tool thread... :wink:
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Tools & Equipment thread, as requested.

Post by Gordon_M »

Done
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )