From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
My garage: 1942 WC54 Project
1943 WC54 Donor

Re: WC53 - Project Big Band Wagon

Post by divingrocks »

[quote="Alxj64Hopefully this good Dodge blessing will stick around for the duration of this project. [/quote]

I figure for every vintage truck a person customizes...(to the lamentation of purists) saving ten other trucks would be kharmicly balanced... :mrgreen:
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base... The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 1942 WC53

Post by Alxj64 »

divingrocks wrote:
I figure for every vintage truck a person customizes...(to the lamentation of purists) saving ten other trucks would be kharmicly balanced... :mrgreen:
I'll see what I can do! I already have two M37s that I've saved and now this WC53 too... Getting there! :mrgreen:
'42 WC53
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

Alxj64 wrote:
divingrocks wrote:
I'll see what I can do! I already have two M37s that I've saved and now this WC53 too... Getting there! :mrgreen:
Keep up the good work, you're a third of the way to nirvana!
"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base... The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

Would you please paint/coat those wheels in some military color combination instead of the "Pep Boyz" bright finish they are now in? To each his own, just don't care for the modern finish of these wheels for your truck. Please do whatever you choose, I know it'll turn out fine. Steve K.
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

Is this the sort of abomiation you are doing? :mrgreen:

http://www.legacypowerwagon.com/Legacy- ... _p_14.html
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alxj64 »

divingrocks wrote:Is this the sort of abomiation you are doing? :mrgreen:

http://www.legacypowerwagon.com/Legacy- ... _p_14.html
In a sense yes, but I am hoping to keep mine with a more "utilitarian/mil-spec" theme. At first glance its going to take a trained eye to be able to figure out whats different and whats original. Thats my intent... and if I screw up, nothing I'm doing is irreversible.
'42 WC53
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Post by gyknot »

And all for just $160,000.
I'm guessing yours will come in slightly under that figure.
Nice job by the way. I'm enjoying the progress.
George
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alxj64 »

Did some more work on the rear tailgate, including making my own chain tabs and everything. Turning out decent thus far except I have to adjust the vertical curve of the gate top by about 3/8" along center line I so have to grind off a few tack welds and re-work a little bit of metal but nothing super critical that I can't get straight...err... curved rather.

'42 WC53
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alxj64 »

Many many thanks to Mr. Divingrocks because this showed up yesterday! In such great condition too! Very stoked!

'42 WC53
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

glad to be of service...you forgot to check the destination "business" address! :mrgreen:
divingrocks
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
1943 WC54 Donor

Post by divingrocks »

so, let's see some progress reports on this poor thing!
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alxj64 »

Nothing super exciting. Just been messing with the tailgate some and picked up two brand new XMLs and got the run flats removed and two of my wheels mounted.

Need to iron out the top some.

'42 WC53
zepher11
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by zepher11 »

Your tailgate work is looking great! :thumbup:
Zeph

"Why wasn't I born a 4F instead of good looking?" ...(The Story of GI Joe)
Steve K. CALIF
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve K. CALIF »

You continue to impress me with the quality of your work! I like your choice of wheel design, too. Just don't care for the plain metal finish and would prefer painted in a military style if possible. Either way, it is your choice and so far, you have done pretty darn nice! Thanks for posting, Steve K.
Alxj64
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alxj64 »

Steve K. CALIF wrote:You continue to impress me with the quality of your work! I like your choice of wheel design, too. Just don't care for the plain metal finish and would prefer painted in a military style if possible. Either way, it is your choice and so far, you have done pretty darn nice! Thanks for posting, Steve K.
Thanks for the compliments, and yea no worries, I have decided I am going to match them dark green with the truck when it all gets repainted. I agree that the Alloy look is too flashy.
'42 WC53