two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

All other trucks not mentioned above.
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

Post by Ernie Baals »

Hi Gordon
If you walk/swim over next year for Dayton, I am a little close to the Atlantic then Jeff :)
And, I would just like to state that i have never heard Jeff bad mouth anybody or put down anybodies vehicles.
We all have different abilities and most of us do not have very deep pockets.
Jeff (i must admit i have a man crush on his garage and collection) has spent more than most of us will make in years to collect and save what he has. Most are very rare, one off trucks. And as long as they are not being crushed or turning into piles of rust, shouldn't we be glad that history has been saved? And it is his money, his trucks and his time, so he can do with them what he pleases. Luckly he shares all he finds out about each vehicle with us, along with pictures.
How long anybody has a truck, does that matter. My WC4 was bought by dad in 1975, it sat in one of our garages until we finally got to it in 1999.
does that make me a bad person? ( this truck was at Dayton in 2006)
I am finally going to start on the VC5 with in the next couple of weeks ( i swear :D ) I picked up a front axel from Joe Hall and have it in my garage to rebuild. the last piece to my VC5 puzzle. We have owned that truck since 1975. It was in very bad shape, very rusty, wrong axel; etc. But we have been collecting parts for years. So sometimes it can take a long time to get to something. If we did not save it then, it would be long scrapped by now. So should i be critized for listing a so call junker as a truck?
And we have restored over the years, an Edsel, a couple of M37s a couple of M211/M135s, 5 WWII jeeps, M1009. M880 jeep traliers, WC4, WC52, WC53, WC56, staffcar bicycles, Torinos, etc

Oh well, done ranting

Ernie
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

I know how you feel Ernie, and thanks for the invite. I have no objection to ships, and if the lottery kicks in I'll be touring the US with a wrecker a week later... :thumbup:

I've got the VC front axle problem too - just outlining it on the 39-47 Dodge Yahoo Group.

Basically my VC 3 has a WC front axle centre section with VC ends, which works fine but isn't 'right' I have a good VC axle centre section, stripped, and could rebuild it, but that's a pile of work. I'd far rather swap the hybrid axle to the front of my WD 21 panel and get a complete genuine VC front axle on the VC 3 - got one on offer but no money to buy or ship ( sigh)

This is all compounded by the fact that I should have a set of VC front axle internal parts on the shelf, but they were stripped erratically from an axle in Oregon, left to get rusty, and then sent to me - so I don't even know if they are all there.

Meanwhile, making some progree with the TD 20, which isn't blessed / cursed with a transfer case and front axle drive....
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

68427vette wrote: has nothing good to say, even to the the beginners.. what a shame... what a black eye!!! to the hobby.. and to others just visiting this forum.
This is the comment I like best, I have always wondered why the hundreds of kids that got their first Jeep ride with me at the wheel and the students in the automotive classes, civilian and military, have thrown rocks at me for the past 50 years.
Now I know. :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

went for a cruise today, 8) , aaahhh:

i bet i could get some at the scrap steel house,4000lbs, $250/ton,= $500 :D

Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

ok, this ones a better photo from the airshow:

its got nice bumpers..... :wink:

airshow link:

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc28/68427vette/
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

I love this car,, when we take it to shows:
Signed by all wwii airman, p-51 fighters to bombers crewman, and support cast, and some medics!!

Building an ARMY staff car soon, 39 dodge, and the M-2-4, that will be signed by all Marines!

68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

my father, looking onward....2007.... i love this photo! but also makes me sad.... that he's getting so frail.. :cry:

SOLDIER ON!!!!!
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

OK,, back to a HAPPY PLACE!!!!!
:roll:

LOL :lol:
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ernie Baals »

Okay Jeff
That was not fair. :cry:
Now my man crush is not only on your collection and garage, but your support crew!!!!!!!
Can i borrow them for my next display?

Ernie
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

----LOL---- :lol:

Some of them can SURE turn a wrench!!

:roll:
Last edited by 68427vette on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

Very nice, Whites halftrack too and not the more common ( round here ) International.

G
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
dball
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by dball »

I like International Halftracks, wish I could find one with rear armor on this side of the pond. I have visited the trucks at Barstow twice... They are over priced :|
Barstow truck has and will have them for more years to come. The M3 is the closest to its original Military crash truck (Bean high pressure fog unit) config and would be a good purchase if it could be had for $1500. It will need a total rebuild and lots of parts.
As for what people keep in there barns... if it makes them happy good for them.
As what this junk is worth thats a dumb joke we seem to play on each other we all know everyone wants to pay nothing and sell it for a new world record. Most will give it all away when there fertilizer.
Personally I want to drive what I got in as many Vets day parades as possible before I am fertlizer.
I am tired of the guy that sleeps with his CCKW as well. Although old guys rule is my motto, once in a while you run into someone whose record players needle got stuck in a groove and needs a kick in the butt to get on with it.
Don't get me wrong the CCKW is a great truck but that guy as put me off them and recently at a show I could not bring myself to look at one thinking I might run into that guy and get an earful of how the CCKW washes itself and climbs up on the lube rack on command. :wink:
I would rather see a Federal FG than a CCKW anyhow. :shock:
Dave Ball
MVCC 26+ years
MVPA # 9377
1942 Dodge WC-56 Command Car
1942 Dodge WC-55 M6 Gun Motor Carriage
1943 Henry Spen Cargo Trailer
1944 IHC M-5H-6 6x6 Cargo
1962 Willys M170
1967 M-416 Trailer
1968 Johnson M101A1 3/4 ton Trailer
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

dave, are you the guy repo-ing the wc55 parts??? i know J bizel has some,, but i need ammor rear boxes jc
Last edited by 68427vette on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

There is something that happens between Revielle and Retreat that makes an MV real man's toy, what ever happened to the historical back ground of these MV's?
Lipstick, big checks and who's who, now that's talking MV. :|
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
dball
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by dball »

Jeff a couple of us had John make the ammo boxes and ration box for our WC55's.
John did a great job on some very rare if not impossible to find parts and I think he may have set left.
I think next will be the scabbard brackets and the water bucket bracket.
In between sun up and sun down its just another dog and pony show right Joel.
:)
Dave Ball
MVCC 26+ years
MVPA # 9377
1942 Dodge WC-56 Command Car
1942 Dodge WC-55 M6 Gun Motor Carriage
1943 Henry Spen Cargo Trailer
1944 IHC M-5H-6 6x6 Cargo
1962 Willys M170
1967 M-416 Trailer
1968 Johnson M101A1 3/4 ton Trailer