two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: two M5H6 international fire trucks for sale

Post by RANGER »

Lots of name dropping Jeff, can you point out which persons you have named that actually restore or have the expertise to restore their own trucks. Names do not impress, lists of vehicles sitting in back yards do not, but restored and turnkey vehicles are a good measure.
Bill offers good vehicles, they run and have more value than non runners hauled out of the back fields, I would much rather invest in one of his trucks than haul a tired old truck out of the weeds that is light years from being restored.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

they all have the means ,, and do restore their trucks,(maybe not walley... LOL :lol: ) , if you dont recognise there first names,, oh well,, not everyone spend ALL there time on the web sites,, posting photos of their restorations, and or posting useless info or remarks,(this is at no means guided toward you personally), most collectors(alot of GP jeep and tank guys) dont care to share their photos,, etc with the WHOLE world.

I like to post pics of my finds,, because there are usually UN-USUAL! FINDS,, the k51's, k44, the k43, or vc's vf's,, and ofter a fun story, or better yet a GREAT recovery! ( powerwagon forum- ie "free wc51, see pics) that looks FUN!!!

ALSO, because there is NOT alot of info out there of my odd finds,, so those who have one,, see my posts,, and PM, or email me, i have to get ahold of the another guy with the K-51 still. he wanted pics, i havent found mine yet.

I dont post to gloat.. i dont list my trucks to swing the biggest shaft...
I could care less..... really ,, i dont care.....

ok,, last names,,shaver, mullins, bizel, walley from wisconsin(some W last name) baales, mc neal, HUFFMAN, nelson, clint from florida, captain crank from MN, jenson, and many many more all have shops,, fitzpatrick...paul from tm paints!! the list goes on and on..McMIllian......the colorado gang, logan, etc, the NM guys,, dan, and danP. jr,!!(tank guys) ha ha which I thought for years were the same guy,, posting,, etc LOL till i met one of them at evansville.

i'm still in the collecting phase, and yes, 95-98% all go indoors,, the first part of restoration, is preservation.. i have several parts trucks, not on my list,, i think i have about 5-6 open cab parts wc half tons,, or half wrecks!!

I f i can drag them out of the fence row, get them home(often 1000+miles) get there data(serial numbers, buck tag, door pillar# and anything useful to them and for the HOBBY.. i do,, then i clean them out, buckets of sand, moss, poop, rats nest...aahhh,,, the SMELL OF AN OLD FIND!!!
, try to get them to run,, and put them away...FOR NOW!!! I've done a better job then the guy before me!!! CORRECT?? i have about 22-25 more i have to get.. then i'm done, collecting.....

and really who cares, , what i have??? seems like you do??? really?? who cares if i have a warehouse full of unrestored WWII trucks.... its still a better investment then MONEY IN OUR BANKING INSTITUTES.. :thumbup:

I'm 36 and semi (well fully) retired. and have 40 more good years of restoration in me,(60-70 trucks, remenber, i have all the equipment, sand blasters, paint booths, lifts.. and TIME!!!), i just bought out my buddys, complete paint /auto shop, with lifts, paint booth(14x26)etc.. and getting them set up, i may build a new shop, 120x80(as he also has an un erected steel shop sitting in the field, all new) no gloating,, but just explaining,, i can do about 2 trucks a year,, maybe 3.. I also do the hotrods shops sand blasting. this is an important part, and often expensive part,, which stops MOST restorers, dead in ther track, So i invested in MY hobbie,, and bought the compressor trailer(john deere diseal motor), and hopper,,,, and boy does it make it easy!!!
in the mean time i have my m20 resotration:
http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... STORATION/

It is on hold hold as i wait for parts from europe,, i have to up load more new pics,,

and MY LIST OF VEHICLES IS NOT TO IMPRESS,, but to allow other (mostly new comers see what i have, and to PM, for info,, which i have about 4-5 per day... like ,, where to look for data plates, serial numbers,, what year is my truck,, where can i get parts, what paint should i use..

i think you've quized me on this before????? :wink: it feels like i'm re writing this....

once again,,, collecting: to acquire all one item, for me DODGES, ARMOR

the wc58 on here that florance has:: was mine,

my m20 is almost done,, sold most of all my restored stuff,sold all my JEEPS(7 of them) people wanted to bad, and were willing to pay for them, they were not for sale,, we ll the wc58 was,, i had to buy another halftrack..OD fever..
i rather have a garage full of survivors, vettes, jeeps, dodges, cckws,, then a garage full of FRESH restorations... i do have a few n96 shaker cars.. :roll:

who says were are trying to impress,, i just know alot of good people in the hobby.... that i think are darn close to being the best at what they do,, or have done, or are so educated(tom, gpw guru) .

Restoring trucks, is the easy part... knowing every detail, dates of a production change, like a wc54 rear filler was change to the wide mouth.... when... etc
Tom wolbolt,, i m pretty sure has never restored a scout car,, yet,, he could most likely tell me more about my two,, then i know of,, like date, which lot they were made in.
i call him when i find jeeps,, and just by the serial number, he can tell me: date, month and year, production plant,, etc,,

Joe demarco,, is another,, astonishing man,, i 'll send him any question on any armor,, and he'll know the answer,, Its a learning experience,, everyday i learn something new.... i think everyone does....that's what makes it a : HOBBY

i am by no means a expert,, never claimed to be,, but i can have at least a knowledgable conversation, about,, many of these great WWII TRUCKS!!!

ALL my stuff, is pretty much, rust free,, I'd rather have a RUST FREE NON RUNNER, then A RUSTY RUNNER!!!!.. from a restoration stand point,, a better starting point- rustwise,, is where i judge. you cant make cavier out out a hotdog...... motors are easy to replace.. rust to MOST RESTORERS< KILLS THE project,, or enthusaism for their projects... and then often i hear takes 3-5 years to complete....or gets sold off, with a huge loss... :(

So ranger,, how many restored 100 point trucks do you have?? not that i care??? i really dont care... just curious... post some pics...still have the M6 bomb cart..?. jc
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Some MV enthusiasts go back a long ways to when WWII truck and parts first appeared and have been at it nonstop professionally and militarywise since. A collection should be no larger than a person has facilities or ability to maintain, hauling in and listing junk that is beyond one's means to restore or maintain is a reminder of of those who fill their house with dozens of dogs and cats that cannot be cared for. Name dropping and cash flow do not make a collector, results do. What good does it do to name drop, they are not the ones doing your work, and may not even remember or know who you are.
This is a great hobby, it is best enjoyed by accomplishing something, either by providing a service,having a restored vehicle, selling parts, or just plain contributing to help others have fun. MV hobby comes in all sizes and shapes, from having actual vehicles, to just studying their history.
Some of us offer trucks for sale from time to time, such as Bill's excellent Euro return that runs. It is a good truck with more potential than most derelict trucks that have sat half a century or more, apparantly the price was too much as it is cheaper to buy an old hulk that fills the need for an MV. Bill's CCKW was too expensive and was compared to "going" prices of other trucks for sale, just where are those cheaper trucks?
Tire kicking has been around since Ben Hur sold his first spare chariot, tire kicking does no good at all, if you cannot afford or like what you are looking at please do not kick the tires.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

I just pound away with my set of hammers when I get a chance.

I do tend to buy stuff, improve it, and then sell it on to make way for more - stuff. I seldom get anything completely finished and have very little stuff in really good order ( maybe the Sno-Cat ). Jeff was kind enough to collect and deliver the set of rail adapters for the WD21 while on one of his trips, and has more original 1940 VC and VF stuff in his 'back yard' than anyone else I know ( except maybe Wally )

There is a definite need for someone who picks up original material in need of saving and just files it away somewhere securely - seems like Jeff meets that job description for now.

Anyway, back to the garage.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

thank goodness RANGER is here to POLICE the collectors!! Man we need someone... FINALLY!!! Please write a book called, "the collector" with the proper guidlines.. and publish it FOR all us "novices" to purchase... wait... ranger,, are we allowed to purchase such a book.??? would this be ok??.. Oh, yea,, Ranger next time i make a $10-30,000 dollar purchase ,, i'll have to make sure its OK,, with YOU!!!
Yea,, your right,,, I'm sure i should have left all those trucks in the weeds, and left all that data.. to go to the crusher and then to china.... i'll be out in my shop,, banging on trucks...... I'm glad you think restored trucks are the barometer, for your book,, "the true collector".. what a joke...
Ive saved, rare(i hate that word) trucks and kept data, and shared data,, for years... get over it,, you were wrong on his truck,,, and only you care,, once again,,, i'm done on this conversation... off to bang on a VC or piece of armor.... i was nt tire kicking.... he , " Any input would be helpful" if you recall.. and NOw both him and i are going to have a beer together... :thumbup: My other trucks, that i know of, are my secret... but were posted else ware.. I'd have to bet, ranger will have to make another comment....................dont care, he JUST DOES'NT GET IT!!!!! the IH crash truck is worth the ballpark price,, remember CALI, metal... cool and unique..
Looking for a donor M38 w/ good motor, Scoutcars and Halftracks, VC's, VF401-406
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

Erm, yes, stuff like that. And now we will all just carry on, as here is also a need for people with years of experience who concentrate on just a couple of vehicles and get them absolutely right, and know all about their subject. :thumbup:
Gordon, in Scotland

68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

AMEN, end of discussion,,, GORDON,
Are you coming to DAYTON 2011~~~ NATIONAL CONVENTION~~~~~~
my shop is 50 minutes away!!! i may be able to accomodate you!!! like a place to stay!!! Fly into Columbus International AIRPORT!!! :P :thumbup:

It will be a great Convention,, i'm sure the VC crowd would love to have you!!! what should i try to bring???
MY CHOICES ARE:WC11?
VF?(maybe the dump)
VC3?
M20(almost done)
FEDERAL OR DAIMOND T WRECKER(close to being done)
WC48?
3 door carryall?
1941 cadillac FACTORY US AMBULANCE

phil's bringing his M4 halftrack, VC1, and another ...

its a tough decision, :? that i want to make soon,, so i can start ASAP.. Phil huffmans been harping me and walley to get some DODGE's there!!! LOL,, WALLY needs to bring a nice open cab VC5!!!

I thought about, posting a request:
FOR EVERYONE TO BRING< ONE OF EACH DODGE FOR 2011-VC-KD-64do you think it could work???? :?:
be a nice display!!!!! 8)
and i could fill in whats not taken on the list(restored or not)

your thoughts,, or should i post a new POST thread???

jc
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

I think that's for a new thread Jeff.

SInce I gave up flying that would be a long walk, but might be worth it.

Want a candidate for you to take from your collection?

The Airflow tanker, in Navy Gray, and find a sunvisor.... :thumbup:
Gordon, in Scotland

68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

YES VISOR... NAVY GRAY.....hhmmmm boy i like od green..
my wc53 is a navy one,...

link for others: 1942 Dodge Airflow Tanker

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... %20TANKER/

yea,, that would be a nice one,, hope it runs!!!
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Oh, for those long ago Saturday afternoons when the gang would trapse off on foot to the Roy Rogers or Johnny Mack Brown flick, argueing over what to name our makebelieve horses.
Cut the BS Jeff. Most anyone could have a helluva long list of MV's if scrap iron counted.
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

come on over.......

GORDON delete this guy!!! 8) he has no clue.. does he?

mocks everyone,, even you(site director, re read his post) he has some insite, on CCKW's, but thats about it,, just alot of HOT air.. (about 5 pages of SELF, imposed comments on his OLD motorpool, gloating??? a little???) thinks he's the expert on everything, yeap, our FIRST TRUE EXPERT, how many books has he written??(not that i trust those books), re-read his old post, (most on how he remembers the 40-50's and was born when his truck was delivered and remembers when the exact date of each inspection mark was put on))) 5 self pages, on his GLOWING CCKW, i could nt imagine a JEEP, or paint discussion with this guy, post some pics,, love to see these 100 point, NOS, still in the cosmoline trucks, Let me dig through my years of magazines,, and see if your names is NO.1, for every year for TOP Restorer!! BEST IN SHOW, FIRST IN CLASS....(which i personally could careless to have any of my stuff judged-)--my person choice
has nothing good to say, even to the the beginners.. what a shame... what a black eye!!! to the hobby.. and to others just visiting this forum. :thumbdown:

just another useless post,, is that 6-or 7000 posts? almost 4 per day.

told you he could nt resist..... :wink: he's too high class for us bottom feeders , LOL :thumbdown:

the end.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

( In danger of generating too many chuckles to delete anyone )

Meanwhile, back at the trucks .... :mrgreen:
Gordon, in Scotland

68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

:lol: i have thick skin..... LOL :lol:
MrRoo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MrRoo »

68427vette wrote:YES VISOR... NAVY GRAY.....hhmmmm boy i like od green..
my wc53 is a navy one,...

link for others: 1942 Dodge Airflow Tanker

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... %20TANKER/

yea,, that would be a nice one,, hope it runs!!!
Now that is an unusual truck. Do you know if the other Airflow tanker in the period photo survived?

Thanks for sharing
Cliff :D
68427vette
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by 68427vette »

i am unsure,, this is coming from california, and the period picture, was i believe found on the web. as i researched all the info i could on this and these trucks,, i think i found it on a site,, if you do a search, dodge airflow, you'll get some info,, but mostly the 39 chrome truck!! , this truck should be here in a few weeks,, hopefully,, dean my friend and haulers, been busy, hauling MV's for other collectors,, (DUKWS, etc) i can truely say i'm pretty excited to get this one home, and fired up ,, jc