THS

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

THS

Post by RANGER »

All I can say is Gawd! :
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
abn deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: THEM U-TUBE CCKW VIDEOS

Post by abn deuce »

Another way to look at it literally is if is the best that's out there and its falling short ...then lets see a video that is done right with the Vehicle in top shape so one can see and hear the difference.

A video in which the CCKW is shown in its best light , NOT being beat on or abused .
1945 GMC CCKW353h-1 488*** Air portable with winch and dump body
19** wooden Ben Hur (rebuilt) 2-15-1958
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

an "goose :wink:
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

Anytime I get to look at, hear, touch a CCKW I do. Yeah, some are pretty boring videos, and some of the CCKWs on the road are less than 'factory'.

But you should always be willing to look and learn. MAybe it is a CCKW salad. Ranger.. your truck is pretty much just a mass of parts bolted together. My truck has more layers of paint than most of the rainbows you see. Its interesting to figure that stuff out.

Many trucks have the wrong X,Y and Z but other than asking about the part what good is berating someone? Maybe they have a story behind it. Maybe it was a movie truck, maybe their father/son/daughter got them the truck and they are happy with it. Maybe they simply don't know? Who knows?

The world needs knowledgeable CCKW owners, not parts snobs who cackle over rare this, and one off that.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
abn deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: THS

Post by abn deuce »

I hope someone else out there can do a Good CCKW video and post it . I would gladly use mine but its far from being back on the road due to the economy so no funds as it awaits restoration.
1945 GMC CCKW353h-1 488*** Air portable with winch and dump body
19** wooden Ben Hur (rebuilt) 2-15-1958