BES G

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

BES G

Post by RANGER »

It is good ne compartment.
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: BEST G-508 MANUALS

Post by RANGER »

None are perfect for gathering fine restoration details, that comes with hands on experience gained army instruction at the service school for the vehicle or from OJT experience with the equipment. The best background is gained thru substantial hands-on parts room experience and getting your hands dirty on intact trucks. WWII army mechanics usually ordered parts for the CCKWs by looking them up in the SNLs provided by their assigned motorpool.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

The CCKW TMs combined with the "GMC" by Emile Becker and the those mystery "clutch head" screws that appear on various CCKW cab toe boards when th10 or SNL parts manuals. There are some things you just gotta as while your restoration is marking time.
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I had no idea which side of the Closed Cab inside Rear View Mirror Bracket was front untill the Tankograd No. 6015 CCKW publication came. The illustratio
Page 8 of the Tankograd also co the nunerals 3 and 4.

The door markings on the CCKWX, same page, are of interest to me as I am still awaiting information of the 30th Quartermaster as it applied to their tour at WWII Dow Field Maine in June 1941. Did you see the location of the Pioneer Tool Brackeo body? My CCKW will have pre war markings on the cab which is appropriate for the DOD of May 1941.
Also note on the same page, the detail of the speedometer cable in the lower RH corner. Tankograd Page 24 Illustratesnotches on the fan blade. Note the ponic Balancer.

Note the Tire Chain Detail on Page veryone knows what "Triple Side Chain" means.
Note the lack of a B.O.D. lamp, Page 14, on the SWB in post wit is an early 1941 with an Open C Tire Pressure stenciling on the front fenders and cargo body rub rails. The USA 453157 is very close to my CCKW which is U.S.A 454317.
Did anyone notice the Daisy Mae Hats that the early WWII GIs are wearing? Mine is in my CCKW glovebox.
Thn to be discovered in the Tankograd, the evolution from directional tires to NDTs is e use of Padlocks on the rear of Cargo Bodies is also evident.
Boy, am I ever thankful for this Tankograd book. :thumbup:
Last edited by RANGER on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Am looking forward to any futu lumes an CCKW topic from Tankogre is a CCKW "In Action" serieement the above mentioned publications.