RANGER'S FAVORITE CCKW CAP

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

RANGER'S FAVORITE CCKW CAP

Post by RANGER »

The WWII Issue A-3 Mechanics Cap with the long "flip up" visor that was issued to AAF Mechanics. The cap brings back vivid memories of the B-17s warming up at DOW FIELD in my hometown. I think it's cool and keep a NOS A-3 and Daisy Mae in Zip Locks" in my SWB glovebox.
For parades, my AM Legion or DAV cap is a must.

What's your favorite CCKW chapeau?-Don't be camera shy send in your headshot. :wink:
Last edited by RANGER on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: RANGER'S FAVORITE CCKW CAP

Post by RANGER »

Don't be bashful, it would be nice to see mugshots of fellow CCKW owners we share information with. I have a photo too.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: RANGER'S FAVORITE CCKW CAP

Post by pfarber »

You first!

My favorite cap is what ever keeps my head out of the grease from under the ol girl... that is after I have to chase TJ the Motor Sargent and take it from his drooling mouth.

Although I do have a few of my dads OD and BDU caps from when he was in the Army.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger