speedometer cable routing

NWMV
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

speedometer cable routing

Post by NWMV »

Can someone post a pic or explain the correct routing of the speedometer cable for a 6th serise CCKW353A1
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: speedometer cable routing

Post by RANGER »

It is not done by series, series reference is a figment, all CCKWs after chassis 41189 will be installed as shown on page 289, Figure 140, you will also find instructions for same in same manual TM9-801 April 1944. Page 276. Look up Engine Removal/Installation, there are illustrations that show the cable. For the type and dimension of te bolts used to attach the Cable clamps, it will be found in the SNL in Section 2208.
The TM is a good guide and will have most all that is needed for replacement of bolt on components such as the Speedometer Cable. Remember, the TM is your friend. :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
NWMV
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by NWMV »

Thanks Ranger the only reason I mentioned series is I wasn't sure if there would be a difference. I always consult the manual first and if not 100% sure ask for for help. As Ranger says now your manual! :)
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I always believe in homework. There is a lot more in the TMs than you think. That is why they have illustrations.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it