KW DO-DAD

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

KW DO-DAD

Post by RANGER »

Just hung my 49 year old GI Dog Tags from my inside rear view mirror.
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I'd like to point out here that ....

Post by Gordon_M »

... I do not own, nor have I ever owned, a WW2 water bucket. :thumbup:

I think my most elaborate vehicle was my DUKW, as there were about twenty individual stencills on it, plus tools stowed on and under the hood, in the bilge area, plus on and under the rear deck.

I did have the original ring mount, compass, tool for the hull plugs, air hub spanner, and A-frame, plus the MWO material like the A-frame raiser and lifting support for under the pintle hook.

Being such a large vehicle it still didn't look over-dressed.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: MY FIRST CCKW DO-DAD

Post by RANGER »

I considered having my first set of GI Issue Combat Boots bronzed to hang from my inside rear view mirror, but that was over 20 pairs ago and they are long gone. They were from the Brown Boot Army and I can remember scrubbing them down with GI Soap and a GI Brush prior to dying them black per the new Army regulation in effect.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
The Dodge Boys
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: MY FIRST CCKW DO-DAD

Post by The Dodge Boys »

Water bucket. I have mine hangin from the pintal hitch of my Dodge WC. That is the one thing that people ask me whats that. Years ago when I first got my Command car I needed that water bucket to help cool the radiator down. I was on a trip up to our cabin and found out that I had a overheating problem. I stoped by a small stream filled the bucket with water and cooled down the radiator. So it hanges there just in case. O I used it to shave once. Have fun Bill. :)