XX

Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

That looks more logical

Post by Gordon_M »

Water and sediment collect in the bowl, and get drained-out weekly without disturbing the main body.

For all those that are shaking their heads .... these fuel filters are pretty much the same construction as the oil filters, and to me the 'weak' point is the sealing of thebowl and gasket to the main body.

Of course it works if properly maintained, but the bowl seal and gasket will not long survive being removed and refitted weekly, whereas the drain plug could be removed and refitted daily if required.

Of course you would have to remove the bowl and clean the element if you weren't getting flow through the filter, or if there was a particularly large bowl full of c!"p one time you took the drain plug out, but with my limited engineering experience (sigh) there would be little point in having the bowl and not designing it to trap dirt as well as water, as the element capacity for dirt storage is very limited.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: NO NEED FOR EXTRA FUEL FILTERS

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
DM Carpenter
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by DM Carpenter »

Ranger:

Re: the 33/35 bars tire guy

In Living History/Reenactment, that sort of person is called a 'Threadcounter'. The funny part about most threadcounters is their fusion of anal detail-picking of clothing and gear (produced by others, of course) with an inability to thread a needle to do any of their own sewing. I know a couple that have so thoroughly PO'd off enough sutlers that they have been reduced to using others to place an order with sutlers and seamstresses.

Dave
1943 GPW 93517 "Basketcase"
1945 WC-52
1953 M-38A1 USAF then USMC
1965 D-100
BB-55 USS North Carolina LHC
..._
Bud Wheel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bud Wheel »

And in Model Railroading they are called "Rivet counters" :lol:

B
A small collection of period correct HMVs
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

RANGER IS WAVERING!!!!

OH NOES!!!!!!

I mean who else berates the rest of us four our trucks, and extols the virtue of their 600+ years of military schooling and eleventy billion miles of MV driving only to say that people are being way to critical??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think this is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Also, your failed attempt to further berate other truck owners fails. He was not stitch counting or being anal... he noticed a difference in the product and was expecting a reasonable reply.

In your infamous 'I know more than you but will not tell' (and I quote):

"I listened to the guy bitch for a half hour"

Seems your salesman ship is as poor as you teaching skills. You didn't sell him the same tires. You are more and more proving to be a parser or 'small stuff'.

As further proven by your cite of a T-2 Army Motors article.. yet no mention of month/year of publication.

I somewhat eagerly await your inane reply.
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

DM Carpenter wrote:Ranger:

Re: the 33/35 bars tire guy

In Living History/Reenactment, that sort of person is called a 'Threadcounter'. The funny part about most threadcounters is their fusion of anal detail-picking of clothing and gear (produced by others, of course) with an inability to thread a needle to do any of their own sewing. I know a couple that have so thoroughly PO'd off enough sutlers that they have been reduced to using others to place an order with sutlers and seamstresses.

Dave
Every hobby has people who want to either simply know more, or show off their ability to spend money on the smallest of things.

I've listened in on debates on weather a Russian captured/reworked k98 is actually a real German weapon. The numbers didn't match like they did when issued. I kid you not.

Usually the guy with the $1800 matching k98 is yelling the loudest and the guy with the $200 RC k98 is simply wondering what all the fuss is about. I love my 2 RC k98s.

The best one could hope for is the guy with the 'correct' gun to actually teach the guy with the RC gun about the numbers, thier meaning, etc... not simply blather out the 'correctness'.

Does any of that make sense Ranger? I'm trying to drop a hint for ya. :wink:
"The RH mirror also comes in handy to look back and see if that kid who ran across your path in a parade made it." -Ranger
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

[quote="pfarber"][quote="DM Carpenter"]Ranger:

Re: the 33/35 bars tire gu
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

RANGER wrote:It should be very evident by now why the WWII Army had First Sergeants and "KP" to offer.
Now we know why Patton made the comment about "shoveling s--t in Louisiana". :wink:

Of course, to do that, you'd need to use your genuine AMES entrenching tool.

G :P
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

Ranger, is it COMPLETELY beyond your ability to post a comprehensible answer to any post?

What on earth is M.G. fame?

I usually have a pretty good memory, but I hesitate to waste it when confronted with your inane comments.

I know I will regret this, but what are you talking about?

You never thanked me for correcting your error WRT the carbs you tried to sell as NOS CCKW. No problem, I understand you have difficulties expressing anything verbally or written.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

XX
Last edited by RANGER on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

Show me a CCKW TM, carb rebuild TM or any other TM for CCKWs that does not show the fuel sight plug for both cast iron and die cast carbs.

The 28AV11 used on the CCKW has a sight plug on the fuel bowl. Your parsing of the 'correct id disk' is par for the course with you. How many people have you sold the wrong carb to? Sorry to out you, but its wrong.

Or do you have proof that EVERY TM that has a picture of the 28AV11 is wrong?

As for Farbmiester I only use that login for one web site, a The Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association. Any other login you see by that name is not me.

I don't hide who I am. I log in a pfarber almost everywhere I go (unless the site will not allow it).

I don't hide who I am (Joel Gopan, WWII Truck, Ben Dover, etc etc etc) as I see no need to. A quick google of Farber returns:

Results 1 - 10 of about 4,290,000 for Farber.

Thats a lot of Farbers all trying to come up with logins.
pfarber
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pfarber »

I was once like you.. my 28AV11 has no sight plug.

Heres a blast from the past:

Postby Ben Dover » Tue May 20, 2008 6:10 pm
I do not post pics. If your Die Cast Carburetor has no Fuel Level Checking Plug, it has the wrong fuel bowl for a CCKW.

I agreed with you. But you never posted a pic of your NOS carbs to verify if they had the sight plug.

The thread is here:

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=118296

I now know that my carb is wrong. The ID disk might be correct, but its either a civvy carb or post war as the sight plug is nowhere to be found. The boss is there, but no plug.

I learned from that very informative exchange. I posted part numbers from the SNL (I can even post PNs from the old TM10 series if it would help).

But here we are.. still trying to get you to confirm your 'NOS' carbs have the sight plugs. I bet you they don't.

I really like the 'I don't post pics'.

I read that the same as: 'I don't post pics of the wrong parts I am trying to sell'.