FS: 1942 White M2 Halftrack w/ tons of extras

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
rwdfresno
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

FS: 1942 White M2 Halftrack w/ tons of extras

Post by rwdfresno »

FS: 1942 White M2 Halftrack
Detailed Photos and information below. Lots of extras have been added and you have to read the entire posting to fully appreciate.
If you are interested give me a call at: Jim Bertao 209 704 4796

I bought this thing in about '86, it was my first MV and I knew nothing about halftracks. It ran well but you can see from the pix it needed everything. A tune-up and carb rebuild is all it needed to run great. The front brakes worked and that was enough for me at the time. Don't know how or when the crane was added but it was GI and very useful around the farm. I bought all original armor from the doors forward, and built the rear parts myself. There are well over 300 holes drilled and countersunk in the rear armor. I displayed it for many years with the crane but it was not a very social vehicle, no room for passengers!

Before Restoration
Image Image

During First Restoration
Image Image

After First Restoration

In 2004 as the crane was starting to leak a lot of oil and the paint was badly faded I decided to redo the whole thing again. The first thing I did was torch off the crane and returned it to troop carrier configuration. I did not install the ammo lockers because they take up a lot of room and thought someday a 37mm would look good in there

How she looks today

Paint Detail

Armor Detail

Looks Beautiful Inside and Out

A new clutch was installed but gave problems; I now know the source and have the necessary parts. It has a great new paintjob done in North African colors. It has all new canvas seat covers done with Beachwood canvas and zippers. I never wired the lights so it is a daylight driver. I bought new tracks and new wheel cylinders to do the brakes while the tracks were off. Also during this time I thought I really need some way to haul this thing myself when ever I wanted, so when an M52A1 5ton tractor appeared for sale in So Cal I bought it. I was able to find a Utility 25 ton lowbed trailer locally that I rebuilt the deck and wired with 24 volt GI lights and painted to match the truck. Then I discovered I had a heart problem requiring bypass surgery. I am now fine but don't want to work on heavy trucks anymore.

This is how you hault it (yes it comes with it)
Image[/b]

Great looking rubber all around

So, I am offering for sale the halftrack with new uninstalled tracks, new gas tanks I forgot to mention installed, extra rear axel with one complete side of bogies and a few misc. parts. Also included is the M52 and trailer. This is sold only as a package. I know the track is pretty useless without transport. So if you are a serious collector and want a very nice combination here it is. I am located in Central California; if you are really interested call me.

The price:$40,000
Jim Bertao 209 704 4796

There are even more pictures here http://www.eaglefield.net/pictures/M2Halftrack/
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Jim:

Glad your doin fine now. I got by with just a stint. That is very fine work that you did. If I win the lotto, I'll give ya a call most quick. That's a great price too for the package. I don't think you'll be waiting long.

Good Luck
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"