here is a 42 Chevy Personel carrier on e-bay

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

here is a 42 Chevy Personel carrier on e-bay

Post by FISCH »

retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

This is a project truck with a capital 'P'! Therre are so many mods that have been done to this truck it will take a real effort to bring her back. Note heavy structural steel welded to the frame in the front of the cargo bed, rear tailgate and rear frame. Note also the V-8 engine, and the many mods that went with shoe horning it in. Of particular note is the vacuum assisted brake master cylinder, mounted to the firewall. Seats have been replaced, missing the spare tire carrier, oil filter housing, voltage regulator, rear bumperettes, etc.

The good news is that the front clip (hood, fenders, brush guard, etc. appear to be in good shape. The cargo box, though modified to fit the steel headache rack/winch frame, is present; and could likely be rebuilt.

I just noticed another Bubba mod. if you look at the photo of the cab interior, and drivers seat, you can see daylight under the seat, so the floor has apparently been cut out.

From the limited number of photos, the cab doesn't look bad, but I'd be leery of buying a project with this many challenges without seeing it first!

BTW, this should probably go in the Chevy /CCKW forum...
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

My bad, thats the problem with clicking and not reading.