CCKW CLOSED CAB PART

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW CLOSED CAB PART

Post by RANGER »

For the 1574 Cab only and those 1619 Closed Cabs with the rubber gas pedal.
I need the metal parts for the Toeboard that surround the steering column.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Anybody out there willing to look? I am known to be generous to those who find parts I am looking for.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by retro-roco »

Ranger,

I think I know where a few toe board or two are located. I'll check to see if they include the steering column surround. If they do, I'll take pictures so you can confirm it is the piece you're looking for.
Kirk Gustafson
Item Coy, 23 Regt, 2 Inf Div
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I may even have a NOS WWII KING BEE MIRROR in original G-506 Chevrolet wrapper to offer.
Or a genuine RARE Banjo front wheel seal that fits.
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

More enticement

Post by retro-roco »

Ranger,

You really know how to sweeten the pot! Though honestly, you didn't need to... I have already checked on the part you're looking for, and have been told that it exists. I didn't want to get your hopes up though, until I actually get "eyes on" confirmation. I've been disappointed before!
Kirk Gustafson
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I believe you and I were after the same seals at one time.
retro-roco
Sergeant
Sergeant

seals, mirror, B/O lights

Post by retro-roco »

You and I have been interested in the same parts a few times. I did end up getting a few of the seals, but I'm very interested in the mirror. I also know that you're looking at a L.H. B/O light. I can't believe what the L.H. R.H. kits are going for lately!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=012

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=005

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=007

The good news is I met an older local fella, who told me that he has a bunch of old parts he'd like to sell, including DUKW trinkets, and supposedly a few tail light kits...

But again I haven't had "Eyes on" yet...
Kirk Gustafson
WWII HRS
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

:shock: I have about 40-50 NOS WWII tail lights, will gladly sell them for 30% less.

Bob at Down Town Truck use to send me NOS WWII Tail Lights sealed in the box as he discovered them for $10.00 ea as late as 10-12 years ago.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Bottom line is that the parts I need have to come from a CCKW toeboard that has a Rubber Gas Pedal. The later Toebaord parts do not interchange.