WWII USMC Color

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

WWII USMC Color

Post by halifaxgroup »

So we now have some really dead on accurate WWII OD shades, a WWII German Ordnance Tan (RAL 7028), and an accurate Blue Drab for stenciling. What I want to produce is WWII USMC green!! I cannot find anything anywhere. I’ve been to Quantico twice, and am working on another lead in Quantico. I’m asking for the help of the Dodge community.

When it comes to this color the only thing we know is that most of the ORIGINAL WWII era USMC paint was sold to the US Post Office and used to paint those green boxes we see in our neighborhoods. You have to figure that they ran out of that stuff by the mid-1960’s. The color now used is the great grandson and much different.

I am not saying that what is currently available is wrong, but like the WWII OD challenge, I would like to see some providence. The information may be right in front of me but I don’t see it. I would love know that what is available is correct, but it would be great to have some evidential material. So what do you guy’s have in way of reference and original samples. Anything! Thanks. Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
1942 WC-53 Carryall (Not running)
1943 Water Ben Hur (Needs total restoration)
1944 M-14 Directors Trailer
FrankUSMC
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by FrankUSMC »

I have some NOS black out lights that are painted Marine Corps green from WWII. $9.00 plus shipping from North Carolina.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.