HISTORY REVISIONIST SHOPPING LIST

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

HISTORY REVISIONIST SHOPPING LIST

Post by RANGER »

HOW THE NEW GENERATION OF COLLECTORS IS DOING IT
Time is taking it's toll on terminology and history.

1. Gotta have that Water Bucket.
2. learn how to spell Deuce.
Last edited by RANGER on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
42cckw
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 42cckw »

I may have a extra one kicking around,I'll see if I find it and save it for you , just think how 8) your truck will look, just one word of caution make sure you keep your gas can strap tight or come this november going accross the veterans bride your water bucket could end up in the penobscot :lol:
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Where in Hell did this guy come from? :roll:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

And that Camo Net at the cowl. I guess if you can hang enough junk in the truck, you can skip rust repair and the paint job.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi RANGER:

2 schools there, the Factory Fresh School, & the How It Looked In The Field School. What most forget in the latter is that it had to graduate the 1st school before entering the 2nd. :wink: Speaking of school, I go back on the 22nd of this month.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

How did it look in the field? Did they get gigged if the waterbuckets were not hung with care? How come there are so many new surplus waterbuckets if every truck had one or two?
Sammys Surplus is laughing all the way to the bank.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi RANGER:

Apparently, the Swiss have been making & using the exact same water bucket as the WW II US version for some time now, and they're real nice about it as they don't even mark them, so you can put your own markings on em.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Need I quote PT Barnum?
Think about it, there are few if any WWII photos from any theater or in the states that depict the display of waterbuckets.
The surplus stores are not complaining, tho as they are taking advantage of the "gotta have that water bucket" hype.
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Actually, I prefer the quote by William Randolph Hurst, "Believe NOTHING that you read, and only HALF of what you see." :wink:

Think about this RANGER, MOST of the WW II pics I've seen of vehicle/units on the move (other than combat at the time) show them with pretty much everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink on board. :lol: So why not have a water bucket too? :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

History revision in progress.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I get a kick about remarks on other sites by newbies that Blue Drab Registration Numbers were only good for 6 months on factory new WWII Vehicles. What about the derelict CCKWs and WWII Jeeps in fields and salvage yards with nice crisp blue drab hood markings after 60+ years exposure to the elements? :wink:
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

What's the TM on Marking say?

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I'm sort of busy, could you please do it for me?
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

I couldn't find anything about it, that's why I asked you, as you probably chapter & page. :wink: I'm kinda busy too. Just started school (I'm screwing off now, that's why I'm online), got a sick kid, dogs are goin into heat, and gotta go out and get a whole crapload of stuff for a new job. And that's just today. :shock: :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Now those whose , are proclaiming doubt that factory WWII USA Registrations were ever stenciled and sprayed on because theirs does not appear to be. The hobby self destructs with too many newbies that will not invest in any publications, pics or TMs. The bullshit factor :roll: is running off the scale with WWII Jeep owners.