Wtd: leads on Dodge 331cu in (5.4l) T124 parts etc

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
vkrick
Private

Wtd: leads on Dodge 331cu in (5.4l) T124 parts etc

Post by vkrick »

With my '40 3 ton VK in a million pieces, I'm continuing to look for the existence of any engine bits to suit it (Detroit, not Canadian).

Biggest problem I have at the mo is a pair of cracks found in the block (the head is already away being stitched). It may be repairable, but leads on any other 331 blocks lying around unwanted would be good, but I'm not holding my breath - ideally I'd like to keep the original (another used one could have the same problems in it) but it depends on what the machiners come back with. Having a spare 'in stock' would be handy.

If the original lump can be de-cracked, then the re-con will continue, so I'll need to source main and big ends for it. I have the Dodge parts nos, but if anyone has aftermarket part numbers for bearings to suit the 331, which might help with making enquiries to bearing suppliers, it'd be a big help.

Has anyone found any 3 ton 1939-1947 US Dodges in their travels?? Pete has a cabover WK (same engine) and I've spoken with him before about these parts, and I located a restored civilian chassis/cab VK resting in a museum somewhere in the US, but other than that I've turned up very little to date...

thanks
Rick
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Needs to be a heavy-duty 3 ton too.

Post by Gordon_M »

Just to add that the standard engine used in the Commonwealth Canadian 3 ton is much smaller (236 cu in) and really wouldn't work in this application.

Rick's VK62B is the heavy duty 3 ton with the 331 cu in block.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )