part needed help

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
mannyc
Sergeant
Sergeant

part needed help

Post by mannyc »

hi - im working on a ww2 3/4 ton command. i have nos wiper motors and arms, but my arms lack the little round knurled inserts that attach them to the motors. i need 2. anyone have them? the usual suspects have arms with the inserts, but not just the arms. to those waiting on pictures of the command car parts i have for sale below - my camera is acting up so i am behind in getting them to you.

thanks,

mannyc
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

If you mean the bit that goes on the motor drive rod to fit the end of the wiper arm. No problem, they are a Standard Land Rover part for Series 3. they have a little screw collet that attaches them. Easily available over the net. :wink:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
mannyc
Sergeant
Sergeant

where can you get them

Post by mannyc »

i dont know much about the landie world -- what do you mean by screw collett? the ones i need fit into the round end of the wiper arm and the acorn nut attaches the arm to the shaft and the collar binds it all together.

thanks,

manny
rgus
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: 1942 CCKW 129,XXX
1943 WC-54 81635383
1943 GPW 146954
1945 WC52 818682 "MO"
1943 WC63 82009972 "BIG MO"
1944 CHECKER 1 TON TRAILER

Post by rgus »

Contact John Bizal at Midwest Military he has them.
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Hi Manny, the thing looks like a top hat with a thick brim, and a nut coming out the side. Makes a change from having the nut underneath a Dodges Bonnet (Hood?) We'll have to add an a glossary. :wink: They do work as I've used them on mine. Fortunatley Land Rover dealers have gone over to large exploding drawing part manuals so I can point and say "I want that bit" If the short wheelbase Land Rover is said to owe it's origins to the J*** then the long wheel bas is definitley Dodge derived. Land Rover did build an exprimantal vehicle in the late '50s as direct challenger to the Powerwagon that was taking all the oil feild work at the time.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
mannyc
Sergeant
Sergeant

mannyc

Post by mannyc »

thanks for the help. that adapter you appears to fit larger arms to the dodges. it looks like a converter of sorts. the part im looking for (according to your description) is the top of the hat only and has no brim or locking nut. it fits entirely in the 'lollipop' end of the wiper blade. ill keep looking for some junk parts i guess. thanks, mannyc
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Sorry its not the one you're looking for. Might give you an emergency alternative though, at least you could fit something. England has some weird beurocrat rules on windscreen wipers. The Ddoges do not require to be fitted with wipers because the windscreen opens, not just that it drops but it opens. However if the vehicle is fitted with wipers they must be in working condition. Considering the traditonal weather that occurs on English public holidays, as seen on the last one, a deep wading kit would have been more use. :roll: