Lustreless Blue Drab Paint

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by halifaxgroup »

In November of 2006 we received an original can of 1944 Lustreless Blue Drab paint from Kevin Kronlund of Army Cars USA. This paint had never been opened.

Once opened this paint was reduced by about 15% with Naphtha, and sprayed on a number of Q panels. True to it original chemistry, it dried very slowly and produced a lustreless flat finish.

Compared to Q panels that were recently painted with a currently available Blue Drab paint it was obvious that there was some distance between colors, not just hues. Without any doubt, this color was the hardest to replicate to date. This shade is actually much greener and grayer than what is currently available.

For your reference, I have four different MG oil cans with blue lettering. The color of blue drab on these cans does not match the original WWII Lustreless Blue Drab paint.

So if you are looking to replicate a factory vehicle, and want to use the same color as used during that time period, you can have the confidence that this is the correct shade.

I went through 2 cases of this spray paint at Aberdeen. Limited intoduction price is just $12 a can plus $4 shipping anywhere CONUS (No HAZ MAT fees on spray paint)

This spray paint can be used on top of almost all types of paint. As with all paints you should test first. Mask tightly to eliminate any overspray.
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
1942 WC-53 Carryall (Not running)
1943 Water Ben Hur (Needs total restoration)
1944 M-14 Directors Trailer
halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by halifaxgroup »

Please check out the "Research" page at http://www.tm9ordnance.com. I have added additional information and images of the Blue Drab paint.

I have also added additional images of my WC-62 ("Photo Gallery" page) which is painted in Lustreless Olive Drab Shade #4. It won Best of Show at the 2007 Aberdeen MD Show.

Due to a very strong demand, I have decided to stock the Red Epoxy Primer that I have been using for quite a while. It is very similar to the PPG DP line, but at about sixty (60%) percent of the cost. The webpage will be updated next week regarding this primer.
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

UPS was good to me today. :D
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Blue Drab Spray Paint

Post by halifaxgroup »

Thank you for all of the initial orders of the Blue Drab spray paint. The products page is up and the introduction price and shipping is no longer in effect. I will have this paint in Little Rock at the MVPA Nationals. I am at table M-20, next to Daryl Bensinger's tables. Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Paint products sold by Halifax Group are the ultimate in paint research and chemistry, other brands offered cannot equal the quality of the product offered by Paul.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it