CCKW HORSE TRADING-BUYER BEWARE

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW HORSE TRADING-BUYER BEWARE

Post by RANGER »

I have had many offers to take items in trade for parts that I have offered over the years. It started off with a guy calling himself my "Deuce Buddy" offering an unissued genuine WWII Luftwaffe Black Leather Flight Suit for the NOS M-36 Ring Mount Assy off my CCKW. I had the Flight Suit examined by one of the world's leading experts and at best it was a post war German black leather Motorcycle Uniform. The story was that the uniform had been "liberated" by this guy's uncle just after VE Day.I sent the uniform back. The "Deuce Buddy" had been having trouble with his CCKW and attempted to change the timing gear with help from some well meaning non mechanic buddies. The CCKW never did run right after that and it was traded along with the bogus uniform for a WC. This was 4 or 5 years ago. The truck has since found another owner and the engine has a reported knock. I believe it is a airborne model with composite cargo body.
Hopefully the current owner is a serious collector that will give the truck the attention it needs and not pass on the problems to another unsuspecfting owner.
Last edited by RANGER on Wed May 16, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

There is another term used in horse trading-"passing the turd". It hurts to see this happen as we all have "visions of sugarplums" and expect the best.
Only the honest get hurt in these deals, it is sort of a way of life with shysters.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it