Ford GTB for sale in Texas

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
doc_coffin
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Ford GTB for sale in Texas

Post by doc_coffin »

Found this ad in Military Vehicles Magazine on line ads:

1942 FORD GTB Troop Carrier, also called a Burma Jeep or Burma Ford. 1-1/2 ton truck was first cab-over-engine design. Very good condition. Has been maintained in original condition, even with the battery cover. This one spent most of its post-war years garaged. Runs well. Sale includes extra bed and miscellaneous parts. Central Texas. Write or call for more pictures or information.
hexco@hexco.com. 830-367-2299.

The lady is asking $16,000.00, but is open to reasonable bids. As far as I can tell, it's all original and in FINE shape.

I'm not affiliated in any way with the seller. I did put in a lowball bid though. I just wish I had more money to spend on it, since it needs to go to a good home.

Mark Coffin
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

GTB is the Ugly Duckling of the WWII US Military Fleet,
The price and the rarety go hand in hand.We all love a bargain, but serious collectors will not let price get in the way. I have sold just about every piece for the GTB over the past 40 years, there was no one stop shopping for GTB parts. One had to draw upon 20+ old dealers to find cosmetics.
To find a complete and intact GTB is awesome.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it