PASS IN REVIEW: MEMORIES OF WEARE

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

PASS IN REVIEW: MEMORIES OF WEARE

Post by RANGER »

Best vehicles I remember over the years are the Chevrolet 4X4 and 1/2 Ton WC belonging to Paul and his dad Joe Grimes, they were good sports although hessitant to be there because of the dust problem. Robert Scroczenski from Connecticut has an M-38 that is just perfection, and a daily driver. Their vehicles set a standard for all to follow. The vehicles range from perfection to those that just barely make the short trip, It is an interesting show to observe over the years as one can observe some MVs evolve into winners, and the old familiar daily beaters that just chug their way in.
If you like CCKWs, you will not be disappointed as they represent the full spectrum of restoration.
There are many characters attending that make the show great, some that stand out in my memory are George Mainieri, my friend Joe Gopan, Ross Moir, Fred Potter, Albert Pike, Nate Schwartz (whether we realize it or not, many of our trucks have some of Nate's WWII parts on them), Peter Debella, Zero Davidson, Joe Hall, Paul Baillargeon, Pat Whitehouse the B-17 Pilot, John Vetter, and we should always fondly remember the late Bob Ketler. The National Guard display is always a thriller. Old timers and OD paint are what make the show great.
Weare is a "must see", the crowd is friendly.

Do not worry about the appearance of your vehicle or how good or bad it may run. Having an active MV is what it is all about. I have observed that a backfire from a clunker will draw the same attention from the crowd as a nice running Sherman. :wink:
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: PASS IN REVIEW: MEMORIES OF WEARE

Post by RANGER »

The list of old timers at Weare is shrinking, and there are few that can fill their shoes.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it