CCKW IN VIETNAM

RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

CCKW IN VIETNAM

Post by RANGER »

While attending US Army Ordnance School at Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1962, I had two Vietnamese classmates, Sgts Hiep and Nam. We often discussed the topic of Military Vehicles. At that time their unit back home was equipped with the Willys CJ-3B Jeep and the CCKW.
NOTE:
I got the above information from two veterans of the Indo China War who each had 10+ years of service to their country.

I used to drink soda at the PX with Ibrahim Aldouri who is at the top of the list depicted by the the deck of cards containing the most wanted in Iraq. Aldouri is the red headed person seen on TV presenting a Sabre to Sadam Hussein, he was attending the US ARMY Ordnance Officers Orientation Course (" Triple OC") at Aberdeen as a young 20 year old. At the time there were flags representing 26 friendly nations flying in front of the Ordnance Command HQ Building. Aberdeen was interesting as every hour on the hour an experimental Artillery Round Could be heard, the mini gun was heard ripping off a few thousand rounds, and flares could be seen in the night time sky. I also was given the opportunity to work in Vietnam as a Civilian Advisor while the Vietnamese were building up their Ordnance Maintenance capacity. I wish now that I had gone.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it