Whoa! Don't 'dis John Smith!

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Whoa! Don't 'dis John Smith!

Post by David DeWeese »

I tried to post a response to Bert's reply about John Smith's post for parts for sale, but it said that the thread had been "locked". Mr. John Smith has been supplying us with much needed Dodge Power Wagon parts for many years. Denver is in the U.S. of A.
I have done very good business with John in the past, and hope to do more in the future.
David DeWeese
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David DeWeese »

Since we are splitting hairs, "Location, nearest motor pool" doesn't quite meet the "Market" guidelines for location either, does it?
Best Regards, David DeWeese
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Re: Whoa! Don't 'dis John Smith!

Post by Bert »

David DeWeese wrote:I tried to post a response to Bert's reply about John Smith's post for parts for sale, but it said that the thread had been "locked". Mr. John Smith has been supplying us with much needed Dodge Power Wagon parts for many years. Denver is in the U.S. of A.
I have done very good business with John in the past, and hope to do more in the future.
It been locked because the post didn't have the minimal information required. I don't doubt John Smith is a reliable parts dealer. But with an international user-base it is not so much asked to include your location and shipping options? If I would offer something to sell but don't want to ship it outside my country just a very few would be interested. On the other hand, if you would ship your stuff world-wide, mention it. Let us know.

b.t.w. Fryland is in the Netherlands. 8)
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Bert
General
General
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC-51 "old bets"
1945 Dodge WC-62

Post by Bert »

David DeWeese wrote:Since we are splitting hairs, "Location, nearest motor pool" doesn't quite meet the "Market" guidelines for location either, does it?
Best Regards, David DeWeese
..via Insured Priority Mail in the US.
:wink:
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.