Obvious part that isn't so obvious..

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
PareosWC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Obvious part that isn't so obvious..

Post by PareosWC »

Gents- what does this bracket go to? I was able to track almost every part of this WC52 build since 2015, but am at a loss for what this supports? Approx 4in in length, 1in wide, and 3.5in holes that are threaded. A winch part, perhaps?

motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Re: Obvious part that isn't so obvious..

Post by motto »

The hole spacing cannot be 3.5" between centres as that would place them 1/4" from the ends of the plate.
If they are 2.5" between centres the plate would, I think be one of a pair that reinforce the cab floor where the diagonal bars attach at the bottom of the "A" pillar. The L/H one is directly above the spare wheel carrier horizontal section.

HTH

David
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

How about this . The bracket that holds the windscreen hold down lock . From behind the dash board . Could be . Ray
PareosWC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by PareosWC »

I think be one of a pair that reinforce the cab floor where the diagonal bars attach at the bottom...
Hello, David- although my math was off on spacing, you are correct. I have the passenger side installed, but somehow left the driver-side off :roll:

Thank you!