41 WC-12 Windshield

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Mark Jennings
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

41 WC-12 Windshield

Post by Mark Jennings »

Okay I know I may be asking for the moon but I am looking for the correct windshield for my 41 WC-12. The one I have is for a later model truck. I would like to find one in the same condition as the one I currently have and I would be willing to swap for the correct one. I know that the survival rate on the type used on the early Dodge trucks is not to good so I may have no luck but I figure if I do not ask then I will never know. Thanks in advance, Mark.
Never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over.

"Just name me a hero and I `ll prove he`s a bum." The late Greg "Pappy" Boyington.
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

Mark there is one on ebay at the moment No 280105844089 .Pretty expensive though .And also 10 minutes to go. Ray
Mark Jennings
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

windshield

Post by Mark Jennings »

Thanks Ray, I saw that one but it is like the one I have. The one I am looking for has the side brackets to pivot out the windshield and the turn lock in the center of the frame to lock it closed. Mark.

"Just name me a hero and I `ll prove he`s a bum." The late Greg "Pappy" Boyington.
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

Mark .All you need to do is find a couple of the brackets and extend the piece of steel that goes up the center of the frame and drill and tap the frame The center piece off steel needs to be extenden about 1 1/2 inches longer .Its not that hard to do .mId west or VPW might have the brackets that you need .I think this path would be cheaper and quicker than trying to find an original window frame Regards Ray
Mark Jennings
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

windshield

Post by Mark Jennings »

Hi Ray, Thanks for the information. I think that will be my best course of action. I checked with both Midwest and Vintage P/W and they did not stock the brackets. Thanks again. Mark.