WC 53 Front Windshield

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

WC 53 Front Windshield

Post by BobRedfern »

I am in the middle of restoring my 1942 Dodge WC 53 Carryall glass and wanted to share with the forum a great place to get a reproduction front Dodge WC Windshield assembly. The one on my vehicle was shot and as most of you know.. there are not a lot of these in any condition out there to be had! So I turned to my good friends Steve and Todd Flokstra at DCM Classics in Michigan and told Steve my problem and asked him to help.

This may not be something new for most of you.. but I thought it was worth sharing anyway.... Steve and Todd reproduce a lot of Dodge WC and Power Wagon parts... with some exceptions.... but as for the windshield.. they needed my old one.. or what was left of it in order to complete the reproduction of an exact fit for my WC 53. I shipped them my old one for a pattern and they completed the build, then shipped me the windshield assembly complete with new glass etc... After the final paint job.... It was a perfect fit... The frame is crafted out of aluminum and powdered coated prime... once its painted you cannot tell the difference..

I have made mention of them before on reproduction stainless steel fuel tanks for the Dodge WC 53, 54 and 57.... he has made me tanks for all three of my Dodge vehicles... they are well worth the investment of around $550.00 each.

I know that most folks are originalists and want only to use NOS or used parts.. but in some cases that is not practical or there are not outlets to get replacement parts...

The DCM folks are great to work with and if you need something specific for your restoration of a Dodge.. you should check them out first... Give Steve a call at 616-772-1165 or go to their website at www.DCMClassic.com.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: WC 53 Front Windshield

Post by Gordon_M »

DCM does a lot of good parts Bob. Their primary focus was on the civilian trucks but they'll help with military where they can. I'd guess they needed your side-slide and centre-latch hardware for your rebuilt screen as those are not found on civilian trucks.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Re: WC 53 Front Windshield

Post by BobRedfern »

Gordon, thanks for the note and they did need the old windshield for those items.... I sent them an original WC 54 fuel tank to make my first stainless steel tank and they now have it for a pattern as well as the windshield.... finding the inside window cranks and door handles is a problem these days.... but Steve sent me an entire set for my WC 53.... thanks again... Bob