WC 53 Gas Tank

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

WC 53 Gas Tank

Post by BobRedfern »

Does anyone know if the gas tank for the WC 53 is the same size as the WC 54 or WC 57? Thanks in advance, Bob Redfern
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: WC 53 Gas Tank

Post by Gordon_M »

From memory only Bob, the WC 53 and WC 56 / 57 /58 are the same, Weapon Carriers ( and Ambulances? ) are different.

I think primarily it is the location and orientation of the filler tube, so you may be able to alter one to the other if you have the filler tube section.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
JBizal
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JBizal »

Bob,
The tank is the same size. WC56,57,58, 53, 60,61 and 54 used the same tank. The weapon carrier is the same size but has a completely different fill port that is on the top corner rather coming in on the side.
John
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by BobRedfern »

Gordon, John, thanks for the note.... and really appreciate your help on this... I am looking at a WC 53 to purchase and know the fuel tank is bad.... I have already replaced both the tanks in my WC 57 Command Car and my WC 54 Ambulance... and they are the same, I just wasn't sure about the 53.... The good news is... I have already used Steve Flokstra at DCM Classics to build the two new stainless steel tanks and they are awesome.... all he has to do is build another one for the 53 using the same CAD program....

I really don't want to buy an unrestored WC 53... but completed ones are hard to find these days... so I guess I will have to settle on one that will need a 100% restoration....

Thanks again, Bob