From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
RBranche
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
My garage: 1942 wc54

Re: new member and owner of a WC54

Post by RBranche »

Ray,
It looks greener than it really is I think due to the lighting. If you want, PM me your address and I can send you a piece of the paper masking with over spray so you can see in person the true shade.
Anything I have read never mentioned a gloss or semi-gloss paint, strictly "lusterless" regardless of which color is used, both inside and out as original paint, what was done or used after the fact by individual units is wide open and possible that a gloss or semi-gloss was used. Ron
RBranche
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
My garage: 1942 wc54

Re: new member and owner of a WC54, restoration pics addeds

Post by RBranche »

Thought I would share pics of the finished product. Still need to find or build the footman loops and would like to repaint and detail the engine bay and engine next winter. For now, I'm going to drive and enjoy it for the summer.
Painted and marked for the post Normandy time frame, specifically the Rhineland Campaign. I choose the 102nd infantry, 327th medical because they were supported by the 701st tank battalion in which I had and uncle serve with them and was killed by an accidental weapon discharge on Feb. 3rd 1945 in Ederen Germany.

wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Ed in PA has footman loops that he makes for m3a4 handcarts. They are the same size but a different shape
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Great looking restoration Ron. I really like the color.
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC