Future of the ww2dodge.com Forum... (Discussion)

Discussion of current events, the site, the forum and participation in intelligent conversation with other forum.ww2dodge users - politics-free please.
juan15
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Future of the ww2dodge.com Forum... (Discussion)

Post by juan15 »

Hola,

Can any of you tell me how to upload photos to this forum ?.

That works well, please.

I visit this forum every day.

Many thanks to all of you.

B.R,. Juan
juan15
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by juan15 »

Toc, toc ... Is anyone there?

Juan.
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

You have to upload to a third party site to post pictures.
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
mvdude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mvdude »

I think this forum is wonderful and I've been a member for quite a while. I really appreciate those who manage it for us although I got a little confused as to who is doing what for a while. That being said anything you all think is helpful to add and improve the site is fine by me. I understand that takes time and like I said I appreciate that. There are many of us that don't enjoy Facebook anywhere near as much as this forum format, so I think we have a good thing going here and I hope that even if it's not getting a lot of updates from people responding on it that you just keep it up and running because it is very helpful. I don't know what ever happened to the serial number list. I think it got messed up at one time. I know I had entered info in there but it seemed like it's not all there anymore so again I understand it takes time to take care of that, but that would be a nice thing to have back in place with some good directions as to how to get the information to who needs it so that I can be updated. Thank you again for everything. Bob Stopka, MVPA #3986
Bob Stopka ( MVPA 3986 )
mvdude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mvdude »

The events planner Pages great also.
Bob Stopka ( MVPA 3986 )
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I'm glad to be here

Post by Gordon_M »

I don't do much with my Dodges these days, but still keep an eye out here, enable new signups, tidy up mistakes, and so on.

I see this as a resource - ask a question and someone will normally respond, although there isn't a lot of social chat :D
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
ANT
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Post by ANT »

I don't like Facebook, I look on this Forum every day, it's brilliant for Dodge facts and help is always at hand Worldwide for any problems which may occur in restoration or running a restored vehicle, from knowledgable and friendly enthusiasts, which is greatly appreciated by a large number of members, please keep it going.

Regards, Ant.
zepher11
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by zepher11 »

I really like the forum as one can readily search it to find the information one is looking for. I really didn't like Facebook initially, but have been capitulating slowly and posting in select military vehicle related pages. In fact, I have started two separate Dodge WC vehicle pages where I am the moderator. They seem to be fairly popular, and I get a number of folks wishing to join every day from all over the world. Some members on these pages are members here as well. Lately, I have been primarily posting my projects on FB, and I am wrapping up posting a project on the G503 forum and likely abandoning that forum as well. Posting that is, but continuing using it as a resource.

Overall, I am slowly moving away from the forum styles like this which I thought I would never do. I do still come here almost daily, but it seems to me a lot of folks are moving to FB/joining FB...and some continue to do both FB and the forums. It is too bad as this type of forum style is outstanding for capturing data and retrieving it. Seems like posts on FB just slip into the abyss after a few weeks. Wished it wasn't so that FB is here. The one good thing about FB is that one can typically get a quick answer on a question(s). A lot of my posts on forums like this may lie dormant for some time before an answer, and sometimes never get an answer. May just be bad questions on my part. :)

Absolutely appreciate what Bert and Gordon do here, and I hope this forum lives on. However, on the internet...nothing is forever...just ask a former member of Photobucket. :thumbdown:
Zeph

"Why wasn't I born a 4F instead of good looking?" ...(The Story of GI Joe)
jim lee
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
My garage: M37

Post by jim lee »

Forums..

#1 Make it so you host the forum's images here at the forum. Its a solvable problem that is killing you.

#2 If YOU want to forum to thrive YOU MUST post on it. Anyone posts anything, post a reply! This goes double if its a new poster.

#3 Do NOT add more forums to the index. This is like taking what little fire you have and kicking bits of it all over the campground.

#4 Reduce to 3 forums. A) General chat. B) Classified C) Burn Barrel. THATS ALL. Concentrate your energy!

#5 Do NOT moderate. Everything goes. If its really offensive or a flame war starts, just move the thread to the burn barrel and let them have it out.

Forums are like Bars. Everyone says they're here for the information and want it all indexed. But the truth is? They're mostly here to chat.

The most interesting time this forum ever had was when, I think it was, Vista & Diving rocks were beating each other up. This is energy! This was dynamic. Everyone was wringing their hands about "how horrible it all was", but no one was hurt and it drew people back just to see what they were going to come up with next. I think Diving Rocks was banned? HUGE mistake!

Anyhow, I always say this, no one ever believes me. But I've used this formula and it worked. Sailing Anarchy is kind of like this in that most anything goes. Its almost impossible to get "flicked" as they call it.

I hope for the best because I really enjoyed this forum and I do have a Dodge WC 3/4T.

-jim lee
jim lee
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
My garage: M37

Post by jim lee »

17 people have clicked this and no one replies. There is one of the main issues of this forum. Even if you think what I've said is nonsense. You need to say it, or the forum dies. Its all about dialog.

-jim lee
SteveJ
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
My garage: 1943 Dodge WC52
1986 Armstrong MT500EC Canadian Military Dispatch Motorcycle

Post by SteveJ »

I think we need to keep the forum. I get lots of good info. Im pretty new with the dodges and its nice to have a place to go to ask questions. I try to be on here at least 3 times a week schedule permitting. I will try posting more. :)
1943 Dodge WC52 8)
1986 Armstrong MT500EC Canadian Military Dispatch Motorcycle
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

I think we should keep it going . I personally don,t like face book . It is only there for the fart cat,s who own it . They can all go and get stuffed as far as i am concerned . Just my 2 bob,s worth . Ray
dashtp40
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC-3

Post by dashtp40 »

I like this forum as well, don't care about Facebook much. I haven't posted on here much, I usually look on here almost daily and have picked up a lot of useful info just searching through the posts. Thanks so much to the people who keep this up and running.
Steve
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

I enjoy this forum, and hope to be more active in the future.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

It's here, its cheap, it works, doesn't;t have any unnecessary trivia or ads.

Might not be fast, shiny, or noisy, but it works, a bit like the vehicles it covers.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )