1941 1/2 ton Dodge

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Jim M
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

1941 1/2 ton Dodge

Post by Jim M »

While surfing the tube this last Sunday, I found an interesting show on Spike TV.
On their show called "Trucks", they are reworking a 1941 Dodge close cab 1/2 ton truck. The part that I watched they cleaned/changed the plugs, tuned up the engine--points/condenser and clean the gas tank. Fired right up and ran down the road--with no brakes (must be a later show :lol: ) Cleaned out the cab of all the mouse droppings in/on the remains of the seats and put in new floor board.
Will look for it next week to see what they do next to this old warrior. The show came on here, PST, around 0930 hrs. It does make for an interesting watch for us Dodge guys 8)

Jim M
proud owner of a 1942 WC 51 and now a 1942 WC 56!
samason
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by samason »

I saw that show about 3 years ago. Very interesting except in the end the truck doesnt look anthing like it did when it rolled off the factory floor.

s amason
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Jim:

That's the SGT ROCK conversion. He took the axles from a deuce and installed them on it. The guy's name is Stacey and is no longer involved with that program, but now has another show on another network. Don't know if he took Sgt Rock with him, but he DID finish it and DID take it out for a spin. That still was pretty cool, but IMHO, a complete waste of a cecent WC. :(

Later
Ugg
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"