Point Alpha Museum, Geisa (G) - 55th Berlin Wall anniversary

Discussion of current events, the site, the forum and participation in intelligent conversation with other forum.ww2dodge users - politics-free please.
12th Air Force
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC51 built 1942. Former 4x4 MV: Dodge WC52, LR 109 ex MOD FFR (fitted for radio) Series IIA and Series III, Series III Stage1 V8 with Ambulance Body (ex. MOD), Series II 88 ex. BGS (German Border Patrol).

Point Alpha Museum, Geisa (G) - 55th Berlin Wall anniversary

Post by 12th Air Force »

Hello Folk's,

last Saturday was the 55th anniversary of the date, when the Berlin Wall was built by the regime in the former GDR (13. August 1961).

This "iron fence" with anti personal mines, watch-dogs and hundred thousands of NVA soldiers divided our country from the Baltic Sea shores to the deep South in Bavaria.

I have been last Friday there and visited the Point Alpha Museum, located in a small front-line garrison, located directly at the iron fence. For all that have forgotten the threat of the cold war some photos to bring this period back to your minds.

My deep respect for all those who served and defended our liberty throughout the years up to the re-unification in 1989 in remote outposts as Point Alpha.

Link: http://www.steel-toys.com/PA16/
Notice: click on "next image" on top to open each next photo.

Keep 'em Rolling,

Joakim