wc 1-11 reflectors

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

wc 1-11 reflectors

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

http://m.ebay.com/itm/FORD-GP-DODGE-WC- ... ING_ACTIVE

Now available reproduction reflectors made from one of my real ones
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
gyknot
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: '41 dodge wc-1
'45 IHC m5h6

Re: wc 1-11 reflectors

Post by gyknot »

Very nice looking. are the plastic or glass?
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Originals are glass. These are plastic but the most accurate replicas out there. Mv spares makes them from glass but are off. Unless you tap on them you can't tell
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

I'm not sure of the timing split, but I think they also appeared on some VC and VF.

Nice work
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
JBizal
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JBizal »

I find it interesting that you claim that these were made from your original ones and yet the repro parts you have made are plastic. Midwest Military provided the sample to MV Spares and my sample came from a serious Dodge collector in Wisconsin. He took it off a truck to give to me. I would love to hear why you think yours are more accurate when they are plastic to begin with and ours are glass. There are two different glass lenses used. The later one says HI POWER and the early does not. This has been researched and documented. Any serious collector will spot the differences between the two and will always opt for a true reproduction rather than an low cost imposter.
John Bizal
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I pulled 4 off a wc 9 that has never been touched. Original paint original markings. These are what Jay sent them to Joe to get copied. They got the pattern of the back correct and Darcy's is off see topic on g503. Yes the material isn't glass but plastic if you stick originals next to these they have the same glow with light hitting them. Also Darcy doesn't make bezels when I looked a few weeks ago.

I have no financial stake in this at all. I was sharing information with fellow collectors. I wanted to see an accurate reflector made. I am actually hoping Joe makes glass ones eventually. But from what I have seen is his are better than Darcy's even though plastic vs glass. His pattern is better and closer to original. I just saw 2 in original Chrysler boxes and they match Joes straight on.
General Chesty Puller
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

According to info posted on the g last few days it looks like the patent pending reflectors are wrong as they are pre 1938. So the ones I posted where right. For those not following the g. Nothing against John or his products. As I said above trying to help people on this site find correct parts
General Chesty Puller
Chasendeer
Private

Post by Chasendeer »

These reflector are as Mark stated. Direct copies from a original paint original markings ambulance. They are plastic, but unless you bring a hammer your not going to know the difference once installed.
Thanks
Jay