Brass Data plates

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Brass Data plates

Post by Kaegi »

Thanks to all who bought data plates. I am aucitoning the last couple sets. this set for non winch 6 volt 3/4 tons. see link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRASS-DA ... dZViewItem

or item number: 300093980455

I am working on 1/2 ton and M37 plates but not positive they will get done yet or not. My manufacturer is looking into it. will update
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Another pic

Post by Kaegi »

Here is a set for WC57,58 or WC53 with added winch

halifaxgroup
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Plates

Post by halifaxgroup »

Do you have data plates for a WC62?

Can the plates on eBay be utilized with a 12 volt WC51?

Thanks in advance. Paul
1944 WC-51
1944 WC-62
1943 M-20
G-518 Ben Hur
1943 352 CCKW
M-55 Quad Mount
1942 WC-53 Carryall (Not running)
1943 Water Ben Hur (Needs total restoration)
1944 M-14 Directors Trailer
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

plates

Post by Kaegi »

Yes, I WILL have complete sets of plates for WC62/63 but have to wait for next batch.

The difference between 6 and 12 volt is the 12 volt Command cars, Carryalls and Signal corp Ambulances had a volt meter and you can see in the pic the extra plate they have on the bottom left of my pic. When I build my next WC52 it will be 12 volt and I will install a voltmeter and that plate. See pic of WC62 plates. Steve

Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Plates

Post by Kaegi »

On your question aobut your 12 volt WC52 if it is factory I don't think they had voltmeters but the plates are the same as 6 volt trucks so yes they can be used on yours.
old57XLA
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC 56 42 WLA 57XLA

Received mine today

Post by old57XLA »

They look very nice, well made. Now I need to find out how to stamp the numbers correctly. It's a 'one-shot' deal...no going back once the hammer is swung! Hal
I wish I had more time, more space, and more money!
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

stamping

Post by Kaegi »

I am glad you like the brass plates. If I decide to stamp them myself I think I will go get a scrap piece of brass to practice on first. The originals look to be hand stamped but I am not sure on that. The stamping space measure about 5/32". Let us know how your stamping goes. Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Steve:

I'm really sorry I couldn't get into that plate set deal. They look real good. :thumbup: I assure ya it wasn't for lack of desire, but lack of funds. They'd look real good on the Beast. :( Oh well, maybe the next time.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

plates

Post by Kaegi »

Ugg wrote:Steve:

I'm really sorry I couldn't get into that plate set deal. They look real good. :thumbup: I assure ya it wasn't for lack of desire, but lack of funds. They'd look real good on the Beast. :( Oh well, maybe the next time.

Later
Hi Ugg, depending on how well they sell I may keep ordering so keep an eye on this. I might have plates avaliable for a long time. I know I am ordering at least one more batch. I haven't broke even on the deal yet. I am waiting to see if I can get 1/2 ton plates and M37 plates. that mey create enough sales to justify this adventure. they are real nice. The pics don't do them justice. Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: plates

Post by Ugg »

Kaegi wrote: Hi Ugg, depending on how well they sell I may keep ordering so keep an eye on this. I might have plates avaliable for a long time. I know I am ordering at least one more batch. I haven't broke even on the deal yet. I am waiting to see if I can get 1/2 ton plates and M37 plates. that mey create enough sales to justify this adventure. they are real nice. The pics don't do them justice. Steve
Hey Steve:

Boy can I relate to that! :lol: The way things have been going in Uggville lately, if I break even it's cause for MAJOR celebration. :lol: Well here's hoping for the both of us. :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

plates

Post by Kaegi »

Ugg, I understand, I didn't do this project to make money rather to provide quality pieces for these trucks. In my early WC52 I liked the fact that I was driving a vehicle that contained no plastic or aluminum. My knobs were metal. The fact that I get pleasure out of that fact must mean I need mental help! :lol: Steve
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: plates

Post by Ugg »

Kaegi wrote:My knobs were metal. Steve
Um Steve:

Maybe ya need to see a doctor about that too. :twisted: :wink: I hear ya on the other stuff. :thumbup:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kaegi »

LMAO :D
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hey Steve:

I see your not far from Bremerton. I stayed over in Quinalt for a while. A good friend was the chef in the lodge there about a million years ago. I lived over in the Skagit Valley for about 1.5 years. Boy, do I miss it! :cry: LUCKY DOG! :wink:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

WA

Post by Kaegi »

Com'on back out! There is a lot of opportunity in WEstern WA right now. My aunt lives in Chicago. I have been meaning to go visit her but same old story time and money. I like this part of the country. I was living in Austin TX for a couple years and that was real nice too but a bit too hot for me. Also I ski and the slopes were just too far away from Austin. On one of my next trips down ther I want to go see Paul Cooks Museum. Its between Ausitn and Dallas in Kempner.