dodge Signal corps painting

Post by Frédéric »

Hello some pictures detailling is finished now I begin to paint the dodge :

Chris Davis
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Very Nice!

Post by Chris Davis »

Great detail there Frederic... I wish we could just set the real trucks up on aligator clips like that to paint. :)
Chris Davis
'45 WC-51
MVPA# 20000
Centerville, UT
http://www.surplustrucks.com/WC51/WC51Home.htm
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

The way Fredric does things its a pity we can't beam him over to help with our trucks :roll:
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Frédéric
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by Frédéric »

Thanks for your compliments !! :oops: :oops:

I just finish the second paint this afternoon, with clouds clear color green,

Tomorrow I put the tactical marking, stars, serial numbers...

I would like to know about the restaured dodge here

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=OFG4LR7R

There is two insignia can you tell me more about : like a blazon with american flag ? this insignia is always on signal corps trucks ?

Tomorrow new topic with pictures.

Then I think to make a little diorama with the dodge, some G I and Jeep .

Best regards
Frederic
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Frédéric:

GREAT WORK. :thumbup: Hey, I like your web site too. I noticed that wine bottle get's around for a lot of those pictures, and the GI with the cig was a great touch. :wink: :lol: You have a good eye for detail.

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Frédéric
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by Frédéric »

Ugg wrote:Frédéric:

GREAT WORK. :thumbup: Hey, I like your web site too. I noticed that wine bottle get's around for a lot of those pictures, and the GI with the cig was a great touch. :wink: :lol: You have a good eye for detail.

Later
Hello Ugg

Merci beaucoup ! :D

you are right perfectly about wine bottle :oops: .....

But I try to tell a little story with my dioramas. Life of soldiers during the terrible period with some respite moments
Ugg
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ugg »

Hi Frédéric:

Don't be bashful, I call em as I see em. My kids were checking your site out with me, and they were impressed too. The folded map tucked into the seat, the case of K rations. It also looked like there was a case of cigarettes in one picture. Ah, shades of black market. :lol:

This may be useful for future projects. Now I don't know about todays GI's, but back in my time, and even further back in my Dad's (WW II vet), an item worth it's weight in gold often carried by many GI's (especially if ya had a vehicle), was a roll of toilet paper. :shock: Small rolls came with C Rats and I believe K Rats too. If you were able to get a hold of a full roll, well, I don't want to go into detail. :lol: Then there's the Hershey bars, whiskey and even nylons (useful GI barter tools). :twisted:

A good reference when doing the American GI from WW II would be any of the Willie & Joe cartoons by Bill Mauldin. You really need to check out the background of his drawings. They showed the everyday life of the American GI. I guess that's why Patton hated him so much. :lol: Keep up the good work Frédéric. :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Later
Ugg 8)
1942 WC 53 "Da Beast"
Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Fredric you do the vets proud. Not all war is fighting it's 99% hurry up an wait. I think the dioramas are great and am very envious. One little trick you may not have heard of. old Jerry cans or ration tins had holes in the shape of divisional markungs punched in the side and the bottom cut out. A dim light could then be put in it to mark the position when in camp.
Jeep posed for pictures Dodge was to busy working. Delightful Old Darling Goes Everywhere
Frédéric
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by Frédéric »

Hello Thanks you very much every body !!

Some new pictures :

I'll pass with my aerograph a layer of varnish after all marking in place. Then I begin the weathering

My first idea for my dodge

Tony B
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Tony B »

Looks good.