WC54 Medical Equipment

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Thanks. A question what color is the rear inside of your ambulance is painted. I know some people say it is gray and others od. I have also heard white. I plan on painting mine od with a black linoleum. I have a small piece of original left and want to find a vendor that can reproduce it for me.
Steve
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve »

Orginal colour inside the ambulance is OD it seem that white crept through in post war years with foreign armies who were supplied under military assistence. In addition the lino seems also to have been OD pictures of mine were posted in an earlier forum. Steve
1943 Willys MB - "Miss Betty"
1943 Bantam Trailer
1940 GMC CCKW 352
You can have any colour you like as long as it is Green.
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Let me get a pic from my dad of the piece I have and post it.
sgtpeter
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Post by sgtpeter »

My ambulance started out as all green on the inside. At some point, the entire interior (except the floor and front seats) was painted a semi gloss white.

We had an interesting discussion regarding the flooring, didn't we Steve.
Peter

1943 WC54
piles of smelly green stuff
Steve
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Steve »

Peter, we did have quite a debate on this and it seems with back up from original documents I have read that the correct colour is OD. My 54 from Norway had a 50 50 colour scheme inside white/cream at the top and half way down the sides and dark OD the rest. Floor was as I said at the time green lino with matting backing, from other members on the forum this seems also to be correct. Steve
1943 Willys MB - "Miss Betty"
1943 Bantam Trailer
1940 GMC CCKW 352
You can have any colour you like as long as it is Green.