PIPELINE M5H6-DAVID WRIGHT

All other trucks not mentioned above.
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

PIPELINE M5H6-DAVID WRIGHT

Post by RANGER »

In the late 50s early 60s, the Navy disposed of some new and near new M5H6 trucks equipped with the Pipeline/Oilfield body. Many were surplused in New England area, I sold the Wright Museum in New Hampshire a new Pipeline Body 20 years ago, and still have a piece or two for the boom used on those Pipeline trucks. David wright was also an avid MV collector, he was restoring several 1/2 Ton WCs for his museum, and I donated some original pre WWII hand painted unit name plates that were displayed in the manner of license plates on WCs and indicated the unit that the truck served with. A also supplied him with several NOS MG mounts and a crated NOS White Halftrack engine for his WWII Vehicles. David had many rare WWII tracked vehicles, including an M-3, M-4, M-19 Gun Carriage,,M-20, M-24, M-26, Halftracks, and one of the best restored USAAF Cletracs I have ever seen. It was fun to be with David at the shows around new England, as you could be guaranteed of a tank ride in the M-24 and his magnificent Remagen Bridge veteran M-26 was a show stopper. His M-26 started out as a T-26 prototype and was sent to Europe and took part in the battle for the Remagen Bridge. It has credentials, and the GAF 500 horsepower V-8 engine was overhauled(over $20,000) by Bob Rubino shortly before David passed away. David was a gentleman and a Korean War veteran.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
abn deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by abn deuce »

I m very sorry to hear of Mr. Wrights passing , I had met him a few times and each time he was very generous with his knowlage and his collection of hard to find fastners and simular parts . He said he got a lot of his pleasure from restoring the instrument clusters of his vehicles especially his tanks .
I hope his muesum will continue with his vision of perserving the history of the HMV's and education of the public .
1945 GMC CCKW353h-1 488*** Air portable with winch and dump body
19** wooden Ben Hur (rebuilt) 2-15-1958
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Post by RANGER »

Question for A.D. Did you ever fly warbirds?
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it
abn deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by abn deuce »

No , Never Did fly a warbird ,sorry
1945 GMC CCKW353h-1 488*** Air portable with winch and dump body
19** wooden Ben Hur (rebuilt) 2-15-1958