FS:One Project TOO MANY-Dodge M37 runner $6900 OBO/Trades

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
DaninNM
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

FS:One Project TOO MANY-Dodge M37 runner $6900 OBO/Trades

Post by DaninNM »

M37 Dodge truck for sale…..I have two, only need one (maybe none!!! :-0). $6900 It runs great; not converted to 12 so still uses 2 batteries. Hard top with good glass. Nice winch on the front that works and no major dents. One ding in the driver’s door – can be pulled and fixed. Small dent in right front fender already straight. Needs paint. Seats are all there and in good condition. Engine ignition converted to regular wires and plugs – all else is original. Gas tank was flushed; has new fuel pump and carb has been rebuilt – no smoke Needs wiring harness replaced: New harness with Douglas connectors included with new three-lever light switch (bubba put in toggle switches-dumb). But current wiring works. Tires suck but hold air and have been used for local driving. Bed is pristine…..this was a high country desert New Mexico truck – NO RUST. I will deliver within 600 miles for fuel cost and $100 for driver per diem (total out to 600 miles = $280 gas + $100; less closer in). I have a local hauler with trailer that drives all over the USA and will also deliver – cheap if he can arrange loads both directions. I will store for up to a year and payment plans accepted. No PayPal – hate them scumbags! Checks accepted along with green stamps, guns, and possible trades – ask me! Will send a dozen or more photos for an email or call fyv-05 tew-69 205-syx. Dan in NM
M-18 Hellcat, M8, M16A1, USMC Mules, M1 57mm cannon, M3A1 Scout Car, WC26, Chenowth FAVs, Ben Hur, CCKW tipper, G506, GPW, Kawasaki KSR250, M416s, M151A1, T17E1 Staghound
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: FS:One Project TOO MANY-Dodge M37 runner $6900 OBO/Trades

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Dan . Got any Pictures of the stag hound that you got from John Belfield ? i would like to see them and i think John would to . Ray
DaninNM
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by DaninNM »

Send me our email address – I’ll attach the pics to those…..We are just about done with the total restoration and installation of NOS parts. My stag is the one out of the Sydney museum back about 12 years ago…..Rod Shaver in Phoenix, Arizona’s, is doing the stag you are talking about (I think!?). He’s done with the turret but that’s as far as he’s gotten.
We completely gutted and sand blasted the Sydney one and primed and painted it with everything removed., We then R&R’ed all the boxes and parts before reinstallation. That included redoing all the brass conduit wiring and connectors. All the motors (steering and turret) have been R&R’ed by local DC motor repair and refurbishment companies and all the lines cleaned out and sealed with aircraft hydraulic sealants. The brakes have been a bear but we finally got all the lines cleaned out and have bled the brakes and the throttle hydraulic lines….had to rig up a long cleaning brush on a flex wire cable to clean the junk out….then flush with fresh brake fluid. Hydrovac were rebuilt in Detroit by a company that used to make them.
Turret has the radio boxes and wiring already in - waiting on one No 19 set cable to install the actual No. 19 set in. All the writing was redone with period custom-made cotton covered wiring of the correct gauge and then reinstalled in the braided copper conduit. Even matched up the wire color coding where possible. We replaced some connector ends with the original design cable connector ends where the connector was missing – a military Amphenol connector company President in Las Vegas, Nevada, specified the correct Amphenol connectors to do the job…..they mate up perfectly what the originals on boxes and equipment!!!
Still cannot find the correct MG mount for the M1919 on the top of the turret – it’s the one the Brits used on the Sherman’s they got – Likely there are examples in Europe and the UK but having trouble finding one. I could use a M1919 one but that would not be correct for the staghound.
The stag will be sold when done – it’s my retirement fund on wheels!!! Several people have expressed an interest: two museum collectors and a gent in Belgium where the stag was used to liberate his town in WWII. We will not be selling until we run it up and down the street for a video. The motors were completely redone professionally at rebuilder shops and all NOS parts installed on them. The motor sound quiet!...run nice. Missing one air horn but having that built here by a fabricator friend. New tires installed.
Send me your email – I’ll send pics to the email.
M-18 Hellcat, M8, M16A1, USMC Mules, M1 57mm cannon, M3A1 Scout Car, WC26, Chenowth FAVs, Ben Hur, CCKW tipper, G506, GPW, Kawasaki KSR250, M416s, M151A1, T17E1 Staghound
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,day Dan . My email is redsall@hotmail.com . Not sure about the Au bit Thanks Ray