My garage: 1941 WC-12 delivered 8/7/41
serial number 8678035

Dodge m37 delivered 5/5/52
serial number 80027961

1953 Dodge B4 power Wagon

1954 Willys CJ3B

WC 1/2 ton WC cab mounting

Post by Galen »

Been a while since I have corresponded. Can someone provide a picture and information on the correct cab on frame mounting. I have a kit from Vintage Power Wagons that included 2 wood blocks and some long bolts and 4 rubber pads. Originally my truck had bolts and springs no blocks. I am confused. Any and all help appreciated

Galen
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: WC 1/2 ton WC cab mounting

Post by Gordon_M »

It varies a little truck to truck, but for a standard left hand drive half ton it should be obvious where the blocks go.

From memory there will be two different bolt diameters, with one bolt slightly bigger in diameter from the other three. The bigger diameter bolt goes next to the steering column, and the three thinner ones in the other three corners. This is to keep the cab positively located next to the column and let the other three corners float a little.

Ideally there would be anti-squeak rubber between frame and block, and block and cab, but just use your own judgement.

I have never actually checked, but I have always assumed, that on right hand drive cabs the bigger diameter bolt was still next to the column ( opposite side than LHD ) for the same reason.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Re: WC 1/2 ton WC cab mounting

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Drivers front has no spring if I remember right. Ambulance has 4 springs
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller