WC 53 Carryall Middle Rear Seat Frame

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

WC 53 Carryall Middle Rear Seat Frame

Post by BobRedfern »

I just wanted to ask if anyone has a good useable seat frame assembly for the middle rear seat in the Dodge WC 53 Carryall? I reached out to John Bizal as he made some reproductions a few years ago.. but they are long gone.... If you have one or know of anyone who might have a complete one let me know... I don't need the springs etc... just the frame with the short legs.

Also if anyone is interested I have a complete set of seat springs for the WC 53 Carryall that I am not going to use... so if you are restoring one of these and need a full set of springs let me know... Thanks, Bob
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Re: WC 53 Carryall Middle Rear Seat Frame

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

I replied elsewhere I have a rear seat not sure which the carryall I am getting is complete so don’t need to hoard parts
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by BobRedfern »

Thanks for the note and I sent you a PM. Thanks, Bob
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Bob . The rear middle seat is the same general shape as the front seat. I made my own front , middle,and rear seat frames . I copied a set from a 1/2 ton carryall .Generally the same shape ,with a few mod,s . All you need is a pipe bender and a mig .I think the pipe was approx 7/8 in.So Just get a front seat .And copy . No one will know that it is not Genuine . I do not use the rear seat as it takes up to much room. Ray.
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by BobRedfern »

Ray, thanks for the note and I did find an individual in California that reproduces all of the seat frames for the WC 53... they are exact copies from an original set his father collected and reproduced.... He is now carrying on his fathers legacy.... Top of the day to you and thanks again for the note.. Bob
Wolfen
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Wolfen »

I personally don't need any seats, but could you post the contact info for the guy who is making reproductions? That way others who need seats can contact him.
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by BobRedfern »

Wonderful observation....Here you go........ Rob Causey, Oroville, CA.... 530-514-2756