1942 Dodge WC 57 Command Car Doors

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

1942 Dodge WC 57 Command Car Doors

Post by BobRedfern »

Just wanted to reach out to all the folks on the Forum and see if anyone might have a set of doors for my Command Car. I know it might be slim, but thought I would ask anyway.... thanks, Bob Redfern, Blythewood, SC
zepher11
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Re: 1942 Dodge WC 57 Command Car Doors

Post by zepher11 »

BobRedfern wrote:Just wanted to reach out to all the folks on the Forum and see if anyone might have a set of doors for my Command Car. I know it might be slim, but thought I would ask anyway.... thanks, Bob Redfern, Blythewood, SC
Hi Bob,

I have a WC57 that I hope to restore someday, and I was thinking about going this route:

You need to go to this link: http://www.canvasco.com/ and select "Dodge WC Series" on the left side of the site and select "doors."

I believe the £380 translates to about $532. That doesn't seem too bad if I did that conversion correctly. Not sure what shipping would be, but I hope it would be better than the $4,250 before shipping quote I received from Beachwood here in the states. I don't think they do them very often, so it's a one off production specific to my half-ton command car. Seemed a little high to me, so I passed on that quote.

Good luck!
Zeph

"Why wasn't I born a 4F instead of good looking?" ...(The Story of GI Joe)
JBizal
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by JBizal »

I have some original doors for the 1/2 ton command in stock. Not full sets, but I have mulitples of some.
John
MWM, Inc.
FISCH
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by FISCH »

I think Beachwood Canvas can also do them. Call Tom.

I got mine from the Worthings over in UK. I think they are now canvasco. ... they are good quality and work well
WC-56
BobRedfern
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by BobRedfern »

Thanks for the follow up notes.... I really appreciate everyone's advice and help... I will figure out how to post some pictures of my WC 57 and WC 54.. I am a new member to the forum and I am sure there will be more questions down the road.... thanks again, Bob