WC6 Command Car for sale..$ 18,500.00 in Fla

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
mvdude
Sergeant
Sergeant

WC6 Command Car for sale..$ 18,500.00 in Fla

Post by mvdude »

1941 Dodge WC6 Command Car. SN 8671512. Correct Florida Title in my name.

Runs well. Approximately 40 lbs oil pressure when cold at idle (by the original dash mounted oil pressure gauge and somewhere 30 lbs or above at a warm idle)

Body in nice overall condition. Functioning 4 Wheel Drive. Shifts well.

Relatively rare, only about 9500 produced. Original T207 stamped engine block.

(T207’s were only used in WC’s from model WC1-WC11)

***Many photos and videos of the engine running plus video of exhaust output at this picasa photo hot link.***

https://picasaweb.google.com/1033741024 ... WC68671512#

This WC6 I purchase a couple of years ago from a good friend. Most of the restoration was done to get it to this point about 5 years, at which point it was run occasionally but spent its days undercover, well protected, in a garage.
Professionally rebuilt correct DTA1 carburetor. NOS Wiring Harness. NOS Steering Box / Steering Column. Gauges and steering wheel very nice. Original seat frames and reupholstered seats. Good solid floor, nice tailgate. New correct 750-16 NDT tires. Canvas top like new except for slight rework needed at two of the two of the snaps (pictures at the web link) I suspect those 2 snaps will need to be removed and slight repair done to the backside of the canvas. Correct original Voltage Regulator. Battery charging system is working. Correct headlight / blackout light switch. Correct WWII pioneer rack on tailgate. New wood front floor insert. Original 6 volt. Battery cranks engine well. Exhaust system in good condition. Correctly sized newly manufactured sheet metal rear cargo deck that mounts horizontally behind the rear set between the top of the rear seat and where the rear of the canvas top snaps to the rear deck. (This feature was on some WC6’s and allowed for the rear seat to be more forward, which gave deeper trunk space). Basically, it is a filler panel. On the backside on the rear seat is the correct pull out map table and sheet metal map box. Original cast iron fuel filter housing on the firewall. (the brass fuel filter inside, is missing). Nice original oil bath air cleaner. Inner windshield frame is in nice condition with nice glass and new rubber seal. Chassis and Cross Members are solid. Also included are 5 VERY HARD to AQUIRE command car canvas doors and frames. Two are in good used condition and the other three have good frames but have some canvas tears and cracked eisen glass. Between the 5 there is enough of patterns of everything to recreate 4 NEW canvas doors. All 5 will be included in the sale.

There are various small items needed to be worked on to complete the restoration. Many are included in this sale. Photos of these items are at the picasa photo hot link above. Items included are 2 NOS vacuum wiper motors, the vacuum wiper motor tubing (above the windshield), the correct DODGE hood name plates, windshield support cast windshield frame stanchions (the ones on the WC6 in the photos are temporary). You can see the good ones in one of the photos. Also, I will include enough of the correct King Bee marble reflectors to make up a good set. Correct Axe and Shovel included. (I may have a correct pick too, will have to check). Correct round mirror and mirror arm. M37 hood lift supports added for ease of holding the hood open. Correct gauges and speedometer in nice condition.My friend told me the brakes did work fine, but from mostly being stored, the brakes are currently not functioning. I purchased brand new, from Midwest Military (http://www.midwestmilitary.net), the 3 correct high pressure rubber hoses required and 4 new wheel cylinders. Minor things needed to be done… Just a lot of little tweaking. Install the 3 new brakes hoses and 4 wheel cylinders. Bleed the brakes. Drivers side rear brake drum oil seal seeps oil. This needs to be replaced, but I will include one. Driver’s side small blackout light bucket needs to be replaced with the correct one. I have the correct one and will include. Rear blackout lights need to be tested as they are wired up, but not presently working. May just be the bulbs. One fuel line, between the fuel pump and the original firewall mounted fuel filter was giving me a problem, so it is currently bypassed with rubber fuel line. For the gauges, backlight sockets/bulbs need to be installed behind the gauges. Not sure if they currently work. They may, but could be that the sockets just are not grounded through the back of the gauges now, as they are part of the NOS wiring harness. The sockets are dangling behind the dash currently. The gas gauge circuit needs some work. The gauge always reads full, which is indicative of a bad ground at the sending unit. Often times this can be repaired by running a good ground from the gas tank sending unit to the truck frame. Needs a new replacement inner cardboard firewall pad that snaps in place above the gas pedal floor board. (Presently, there is none on the firewall) These are available from Roberts Motor Parts at http://www.robertsmotorparts.com . Needs the spring loaded starter button above the gas pedal reworked. It does currently work, but the button your foot mashes was changed at some point. I probably have one of the correct ones and will include it if I do. The gas pedal itself, although it works fine, could be changed. Roberts Motor Parts has those too. To make it really correct, you could add the correct Governor and ¼ turn adapter plate under the carburetor. (Joel Gopan in Maine has those governors NOS for not too much money. I have his contact information) But the governor is not essential for the WC6 to run correctly. The spare tire center mounting bolt and cast donut needs to be installed. Theses are available from Vintage power Wagons at http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com

The WC6 has had very very limited use in the last 10 years, mostly running in the driveway. No substantial road miles. Oil changed about 6 months ago, along with the oil filter, and the oil is still clean on the stick. Inline PCV valve in the tube to the manifold may need to be replaced. I detect slight acridity in the exhaust. That being said, I do sometime note a slight puff of smoke when you rev her up quickly, mostly when cold, but that initial puff goes away almost immediately and the oil pressure stays up well at any rpm. It was nothing I was concerned about when I bought her. It has been run so little over the last 10 years that I suspect it needs some good road miles on her to blow out 10 years of limited use.
You are free to come by and inspect the WC6 in person, and I encourage you to do so. If you have any questions, call me, Bob, anytime, on my cell, at 850-624-6319. Asking $ 18,500.00. I am willing to drop the price some on a trade towards nice original US WWII guns.
Bob Stopka ( MVPA 3986 )
mvdude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: WC6 Command Car for sale..$ 18,500.00 in Fla

Post by mvdude »

Price reduced from $ 19,750.00. Will take quality WWII guns towards partial trade.
Bob Stopka ( MVPA 3986 )
RANGER
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: WC6 Command Car for sale..$ 18,500.00 in Fla

Post by RANGER »

Still have NOS 1/2 Tin WC Governors sealed in waxed boxes.
US ARMY HONOR GRADUATE MECHANIC, Restorer of fine Jeeps, MV's, MVPA 40+yrs, DAV, Army Aircrew member, Donor to Military Museums & CAF, MV Hobby since 1945
Other Hobby- Army Air Force & Busting Big Ass Military Imposters-Good at it