WWII Officers Mess Kit

for discussion of Tools & Equipment associated with any vehicles.

Also check out: G503 Tools & Equipment ( Vehicle & Pioneer)
wareagle4590
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

WWII Officers Mess Kit

Post by wareagle4590 »

Bought a 1941 WW II 8 place set Officers mess Kit from a flea Market in Alabama. Of course it was missing parts. But after searching Ebay, I was able to find those parts not in the kit. i.e. salt/pepper shakers, coffee pot, and coffee cups. The kit had more than I thought it would. These items are enamel wear not the aluminum, but a distinctive color. Searching ebay I was able to find many matching items missing from the kit. However I found one item which does not seem to be shown in other kits I have seen on the web. That it is a matching coffee canister, with screw on lid to preserve the coffee. This canister does not seem to be in other kits. Does anyone have any information to clear this up. The Canister is a very special piece for the kit. I told the lady I bought it from that she saved it for me in France for 73 years . I feel special to have been able to completed the kit as it was. Can anyone help? I love this site!!!!!!
Wareagle
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: WWII Officers Mess Kit

Post by Gordon_M »

That's going to be a question for the G503 T&E site I think. It's easier to post images there too.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
wareagle4590
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade

Re: WWII Officers Mess Kit

Post by wareagle4590 »

Thanks Gordon. Will check it out.
Wareagle