Carryall WC53

From VC-1 to WC64-KD.
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Carryall WC53

Post by Gordon_M »

They are different because of the wheelbase, and thus crossmember spacings. Hardware is all the same except for the strip length and punching distances i think.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
brian
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by brian »

were trying to fix a second hand restoration. so we will have to pull up the floor to paint it anyway. not a priority right now. just doing the research.

thanks for the leads.

BB
if you cant afford the manual, you cant afford the truck!
wc-4
brian
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by brian »

found some good pics on the other forum

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/for ... hp?t=15815

looks like were missing that front edge angle iron ?

BB
wc-4
brian
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by brian »

yah got our floor out and painted, and everything but the body hold down bolts are blind nuted, so countersunk straight sloted. I think its a fatter head, different bevel, than what you can get modern wise.

does anyone have the dimensions of the angle iron, 1-inch ?

thanks
BB
wc-4
Adam in Wa
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 48 Power Wagon
42 WC53
71 Dodge Challenger R/T

Post by Adam in Wa »

Old thread, but for the archives I will weigh in. My WC 53 had the original floor. The boards were made from strips glued together. The sides of the boards had a shallow tongue and groove. The tongue being about 1/8 tall & deep. There was a machined recess in the wood of about 1/16 or so, for the metal strips. This recess was shallow enough that the metal strips did protrude above the wood. I saved some small pieces for reference re: thickness and how the keyhole seat plates were installed.
Last edited by Adam in Wa on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaegi
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kaegi »

brian wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:41 pm yah got our floor out and painted, and everything but the body hold down bolts are blind nuted, so countersunk straight sloted. I think its a fatter head, different bevel, than what you can get modern wise.

does anyone have the dimensions of the angle iron, 1-inch ?

thanks
BB
do you have a picture of the screw? give me the measurements if it and the degrees of the bevel and I might be able to find it
Adam in Wa
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: 48 Power Wagon
42 WC53
71 Dodge Challenger R/T

Post by Adam in Wa »

ImageImageImage

Ok, I went thru my parts pile today and took some measurements and pics of things I could not find in a search.

The wood floor boards were 3/4 inch thick, the tongue and groove was only 1/8.

The key slots (what I call them) for the removable seats and table were held in with 1/4x 20 screws. The screws were flat/slot head, countersunk type.

The angle strip along the front of the floor was 54-1/2 long across the front, with 3-7/8 ends. The strip had countersunk holes for the screws. The vertical face of the strip was 3/4 and the horizontal part with the countersunk holes was 1-1/4 wide. I didn’t measure, but the strip is thin, probably 18 gauge...

The gas tank dimensions (not including the flange where the halves were joined) are 35-1/2 long, 22-1/4 wide, & 9 inches deep.

I have posted pics on image event. Here is the link: https://imageevent.com/adamell/wc53carr ... 4&w=0&p=11