Email Hacked

Discussion of current events, the site, the forum and participation in intelligent conversation with other forum.ww2dodge users - politics-free please.
TimS
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC52
WC57

Email Hacked

Post by TimS »

My yahoo email account was hacked, and there seems to be no way to get my pw reset (unbelievable....no way to contact anyone, although they tell you that's what you need to do), so I can't access my email and had to set up a new yahoo account.

WhenI tried to login to the forum from my phone, it doesn't recognize the forum pw that I have written down.

I stay logged in on my laptop (how I'm able to ask this question). I can't reset the password at this point because it will send it to my old email address, which I can't access. In trying to change my email address to the new one in the account section on the forum, I'm required to put in my password (doesn't autofill the stored one) but since what I have written down doesn't match the autofill (which you can't see and only occurs at the main login), I can't link the account to my new address.

Anyway around this without having to setup a new profile?

Admin resets my pw and sends it to my new email address....
Admin changes my email address linked to the account so I can reset it and get a new pw in the new email account.....

This make sense?
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Email Hacked

Post by Gordon_M »

Computers, eh? :thumbdown:

If only you knew someone who could actually change your e-mail - oh, wait .... :thumbup:

If you send me an e-mail to:

gordon@dodge.org.uk

... and include your original signup name, your original Yahoo e-mail, and so on, I can access your account setup and change your login e-mail to whatever e-mail you send me the message from ( I think )

Yes, had a look, it seems like I could change it. Just e-mail me with your old Yahoo e-mail, for verification purposes, and send me the message from the new e-mail account you want to use. I'll probably reset your password too and send you a generic one you can log in and change later.
Gordon, in Scotland

( Now officially given up on any form of politics )
TimS
Corporal
Corporal
My garage: WC52
WC57

Post by TimS »

Thanks Gordon....

Nice to have flexible software that an admin can play with...

Tim
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

No problem Tim. It's fine within limits, just don't ask me to do anything complicated ..... :D
Gordon, in Scotland

Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Gordon . Can you give me the 6 WINNING numbers in our lotto out here in Australia . I hope that is not to difficult :lol: :lol: Ray
Gordon_M
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gordon_M »

4,20,21,27,36, and 45 Ray.

Just send the cheque with my cut to the usual address.... :thumbup:
Gordon, in Scotland