Looking for a 1/2 ton closed cab truck

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Chasendeer
Private

Looking for a 1/2 ton closed cab truck

Post by Chasendeer »

I'm looking for a nice restored 1/2 ton closed cab truck.
Thanks
Jay
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Looking for a 1/2 ton closed cab truck

Post by daveyboy »

Good day.

What condition of truck do you seek? I know you wrote RESTORED..I ask because restored" can mean a lot to different people, so be wary!

I have seen them repainted and cleaned up and sold to the unknowing as "restored"...

full restored means (at least to me) is that all parts and areas are
addressed. not just painted over...If this is your first adventure into this area, be very careful when buying.. if you belong to a local MV club, seek out someone who has one, or a 1/2 ton dodge model at the least and ask questions.

how much are you willing to pay?
I am seeing nice examples go for well into the 20's now... I seen one painted civilian colors and went for well into the mid 20's..it was nice, but not a stock wc closed cab 100%

and to be honest, if the seller did the work, and payed for it, he put that money into it, for real. you just cant build one anymore cheaply..

take a look at the cost to build one. I am keeping a running tally of my restoration, including ALL receipts and work done...which thankfully, is nearing the end.. I am pushing 20K now after a complete rebuild of it all.

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=260368

this is my third 1/2 ton closed can wc...and the most costly to date..

I am only telling you this so that if this is all new to you, don't get sticker shock at some asking prices.!!

to be honest, I don't see restored ones come up all that often any more.. are they getting rarer? I don't know.

you could always try and find a nice clean example and do a restoration yourself, and KNOW what was completed...of course immediate gratification to buying and just driving a restored truck would be nice too!

where you live?

Dave in Allen, TX
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”
wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

Jay I know where an unrestored one near you is
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
Chasendeer
Private

Post by Chasendeer »

Dave
Thank you for your info. I'm in California. For a nice correct truck I will pay market value. I'm not in a hurry to buy.
Thanks
Jay
Chasendeer
Private

Post by Chasendeer »

Mark
We are looking for a restored one for now, may change our minds if one does not show up.
Thanks
Jay