T2I4 230ci complete with 4 speed and all accessories

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
dtrask
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
My garage: 1947 WD-15
1957 Nomad
1978 HD
1988 HD

T2I4 230ci complete with 4 speed and all accessories

Post by dtrask »

So I bought a 230ci of Craigslist to put in my 1947 WD-15 (It has a 50 Plymouth now). After doing some research I have come to find the 230 I bought is an original WWII motor and trans. I feel like this is a piece of history and I should not cannibalize this WWII motor for my fun project, I can find another 230 civilian for my truck. So I am hoping someone out there is restoring a WC and can really use this. I don't know much more than this. It was a restoration project that stalled out about 10 years ago. I got a whole mess load of other parts that are all Civ PW parts and they are all new and or rebuilt, so I believe the same attention was paid to the motor. The trans inspection plate is off, so there is surface rust on the gears. It may be worth just taking the trans apart and cleaning everything. You guys will certainly know more about this than I do, so make me an offer. Here are a couple pictures. I have put up a photobucket album with a bunch more, so if you want to see more pictures you can copy this link. (I promise this is not a scam or virus...) http://s202.photobucket.com/user/dschli ... t=3&page=1

dtrask
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
1957 Nomad
1978 HD
1988 HD

Help identifing the parts on this motor

Post by dtrask »

So I bought a 230 for my 47 WD-15 and have found out it is a WWII motor and trans. I think it should go to someone restoring a WWII truck so I am looking for another 230 for my civ truck and want to be sure this motor and trans makes it into the right hands. I do not know all the parts or terms to use when listing this motor. If you guys can take a look and tell me if the different parts i.e. carb, water inlet, etc... will lead me to figure out what this might have come out of, that would be great. that way I can list it right and guys looking for this motor will find it. More pictures here http://s202.photobucket.com/user/dschli ... t=3&page=1

wc 9 and 12 owner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
My garage: current owner of a WC 9, WC 12, 2 K38s, USMC Willys MB Holden Ambulance, 1943 USMC Willys NOM 12 radio jeep ,wc 27, Cushman package kar, m6 bomb truck, m5 bomb trailer, m1 bomb truck, Ben hur trailer and a few more things

Re: T2I4 230ci complete with 4 speed and all accessories

Post by wc 9 and 12 owner »

What is your location will help you sell it.
All right they're on our left they're on our right they're in front of us they're behind us they can't get away this time
General Chesty Puller
dtrask
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
1957 Nomad
1978 HD
1988 HD

Post by dtrask »

wc 9 and 12 owner wrote:What is your location will help you sell it.
Tampa Area
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by daveyboy »

you mentioned other parts that came with your purchase of the engine.

do you have any closed cab windshield wiper motors and related moutning hardware?

I need at the very least the drivers side but want both eventually.

thanks!
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”
dtrask
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
1957 Nomad
1978 HD
1988 HD

Post by dtrask »

sorry no. If you want to go to the photo album, you will see all that is there. radiator, muffler, steering box and shaft, levers, linkages etc...

http://s202.photobucket.com/user/dschli ... t=3&page=1
mvdude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mvdude »

Hi Dane,

I tried to send you email about your engine and parts using the hot link for your email address from the power wagon forum using dtrask@pmmfla.com but it was not deliverable. If you see this, drop and email to me at robert.stopka@hp.com and I will reply. I will try to pm you and email you from here too. Thanks
Bob Stopka ( MVPA 3986 )
dtrask
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
1957 Nomad
1978 HD
1988 HD

Post by dtrask »

mvdude wrote:Hi Dane,

I tried to send you email about your engine and parts using the hot link for your email address from the power wagon forum using dtrask@pmmfla.com but it was not deliverable. If you see this, drop and email to me at robert.stopka@hp.com and I will reply. I will try to pm you and email you from here too. Thanks
Just sent you an email
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by daveyboy »

Hello Dtrask.

tell me about the engine.

I am now discovering issues with the engine I have.. I might be interested in this one, but am not looking for another block to rebuild. I got that already!

You ad states it rebuilt...? I didnt see this when you first posted or would have jumped on this.

What are you asking for this motor and tranny? Any info on what was dfone to rebuild it?

thanks, Dave

p.s. please email me At wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com

aka “THE COUNT”
dtrask
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade
1957 Nomad
1978 HD
1988 HD

Post by dtrask »

I bought it off a guy who started a full restoration project 10 years ago and it stalled out. He said it was completely rebuilt, but I cant verify that. The side plate on the trans was left off so there is surface rust on the gears and shift fork. this is preventing me from spinning the motor over. I will pull the trans off today and spin it over and if possible get a compression tester on there. All the accessories look new or rebuilt and everything else he gave me in the deal are all new and rebuilt parts. Until I turn the motor I cant say for sure. I do have a possible trade for a more correct CIV 230. If that doe snot work out, I will let you know.
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by daveyboy »

ok thanks.. do keep me in mind should the deal fall thru.

contact me @ wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com if/when you know more.

thank you.

Dave

aka “THE COUNT”
mbatvburg
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mbatvburg »

Trans still available?
john smith