WTB: Dodge 1/2 ton WC 4x4 (1941) transmission (Dallas, TX)

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
daveyboy
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

WTB: Dodge 1/2 ton WC 4x4 (1941) transmission (Dallas, TX)

Post by daveyboy »

my new project is a hodge podge of different stuff... getting to the transmission, I can see its a 3/4 ton, but of what vintage, or vehicle, I cannot tell.

The gears inside are straight cut, indicating non-sycro. However, the top cover/shifter looks like it came off of a sycro tranny? go figure.

besides the obvious wear on the straight cut gears, I am not sure I want to install this unit.. for one, having the forward top shifter tower, it brings it more forward, closer to the dash. floor looks different because of it. dont like it

the more I think of it, the more I think I want a good condition proper 1/2 ton transmission for it.

anyone have one for sale, with gears and bearings and shifter all in good shape?

would have to ship if outside of the Dallas, TX area. willing to travel a few hundred miles however to get.

please advise! thanks all.
OH, dont repond to private message. Mine is messed up. I cant respond or get messages.

Please send replies here:

wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com
"there is no sense living like Barbarians just because there is a war going on"

"Major Dietrich Wilhelm von Alsberg
aka “THE COUNT”