Wanted

'FOR SALE' and 'WANTED' Make sure the LOCATION section of your profile is completed, or at least post your location on individual adverts.
Brett M
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Wanted

Post by Brett M »

Hello all, we are chasing the correct vacuum wiper motors for a WC56 any help pointing us in the right direction would be great, Thanks
Loffy770
Sergeant
Sergeant
My garage: Dodge WC-57

Re: Wanted

Post by Loffy770 »

Check with Ziro here on the forum, he might have a NOS set for sale..

//Roger
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: Dodge WC56

Post by ziro »

I'm sorry...but mine are all sold.

ziro
tankdriver
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: 57mm ATG, M3 Autocar Halftracck, M3A1 Diamond T Halftrack, 43 WC63.
https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/

Post by tankdriver »

AND the "The Wiper Man" has quit repairing them as no parts are out there......

There was a set on eBay awhile back for 450.00. There was 3 motors at the MVPA Convention for 175 each. Vintage Power wagon is selling electric one as a replacement to the original ones.
1943 WC63......1942 57mm Anti-Tank

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

MVPA Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors... https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/
FrankUSMC
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by FrankUSMC »

Could some one send me a photo of what a correct wiper motor looks like? I have been a military vehicle collector for over 30 years, but I have never been into perfect detail. While I am out and about this week end I will check some of my shelves to see if I have any laying around.
Back in the 80s, when I would visit a military vehicle dealer, if he let you wonder the inter sanctions, I would always buy something, just to buy something. Somewhere I know I have wiper motor rebuild kits, I remember picking them up, back then they were cheap.
I do the same thing when I stop at a gas station to use the restroom, I always buy something.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Vista52
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Vista52 »

Brett M wrote:Hello all, we are chasing the correct vacuum wiper motors for a WC56 any help pointing us in the right direction would be great, Thanks
Hello Brett,

You are looking for Trico S 583-1 vacuum motors for the open cabbed Dodge. I posted a photo of one, front and back, some time ago on here. Try searching "wiper motor" in the search function. I'll also look.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10604&p=63569&hilit=S+583+1#p63569
Coming together is a Beginning...Keeping together is Progress...Working together is Success.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is Taken...Oscar Wilde
A POW is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him...WSC
tankdriver
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by tankdriver »

Vintage Power Wagon shows them in their catalogue under body, but says call for price and availability.

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

MVPA Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors... https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/
Brett M
Technician 5th Grade
Technician 5th Grade

Post by Brett M »

I've enquired with VPW & MIDWEST, nothing available from either, very rear item they both stated.
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by ziro »

Hello Brett M,
I wrote you a PN. I have some for you. These are normally my reserve.
Regards,
ziro
ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by ziro »

My set was Brett to expensive.

Please I made a mistake with my emails and delete some. Please who had asked me about a wiper motor set, too?

This is the only set if I know that it is for sale worldwide.

I ask 520 $ US inclusive shipping.

Regards,
ziro

Last edited by ziro on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
tankdriver
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by tankdriver »

About the only other choice is electric.

I used to go to the Tulsa Gun Show with a group of older guys(I was called the baby at 50) and their standard line was "I can remember when that was 50 dollars". And I'll tell them" Yea, and I'll be saying "I can remember what that was 300 dollars".

I do not know how many times I have not bought something because it cost too much and regret it later....

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

ziro
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by ziro »

tankdriver wrote:About the only other choice is electric.

I used to go to the Tulsa Gun Show with a group of older guys(I was called the baby at 50) and their standard line was "I can remember when that was 50 dollars". And I'll tell them" Yea, and I'll be saying "I can remember what that was 300 dollars".

I do not know how many times I have not bought something because it cost too much and regret it later....
Yes tankdriver, this is the same by me. Often with rare Wehrmacht Schwimmwagen or Zündapp KS 750 parts. And some Dodge parts, too. I thought this often, and found never the same part in this nice condition again.

In the moment I restore a Harley XA. Every part is more then rare. There is no time to think, if it is too expensive. The XA parts are all very expensive. And you must buy it when you need it. The price is then the last question. Sounds very stupid but it is the only way to get the parts.

Regards,
ziro