Mice prevention

Discussion of current events, the site, the forum and participation in intelligent conversation with other forum.ww2dodge users - politics-free please.
Wolfen
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Mice prevention

Post by Wolfen »

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep Mice out of my WC 54 besides Mothballs? I hate the smell of Mothballs. I searched the Forum and couldn't find anything besides Mothballs.
FrankUSMC
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Re: Mice prevention

Post by FrankUSMC »

A cat.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET,
motto
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant
My garage: Harley Davidson 42WLA, Dodge WC63, Dodge WC57, Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton 4x4. Originally an Earth Borer, Pole Setter. Drilling rig gone and truck now mounts a #7 Set Lifting Frame. i.e.: Light Wrecker.

Post by motto »

Here we have a product named Ratsak which is a poison that kills by causing internal haemorrhaging. It comes in cardboard packets or paper sachets that you place in areas where rodents are active but are inaccessible for pets and children.
I had a rat nibble all around the edge of the leather transmission cover apron on my WC63. The scraping was so neatly done it looked as though it had been tooled. I put down Ratsak and no further trouble. Either he was just passing through or I done for him.
Try at your local hardware or produce store.

David
RiflemanD
Technician 4th Grade
Technician 4th Grade
My garage: '42 WC52

Post by RiflemanD »

I used to use dryer sheets around and in one of my cars I owned. I never had a mouse problem so, I suppose it works. I have read that they work pretty well on classic car forums.
Friendly fire, isn't.
Wolfen
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by Wolfen »

Thanks for the answers. I thought I read someplace that people were using some kind of Scented Oil to keep Mice out. I can't remember what kind it was.
GG
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade

Post by GG »

My mom and Dad use a product called Mouse Magic in their cabin up in the woods, I think its a peppermint oil extract they say it works never used it myself, I always like a garage cat, but my dog currently hates mice and keeps my garage pest free, must be a new breed of dog or she is bored as hell.
GG
1942 WC 58
1950 Dodge B2B
1950 CJ3A
1943 WC 63 (Sold)
tankdriver
Technician 3rd Grade
Technician 3rd Grade
My garage: 57mm ATG, M3 Autocar Halftracck, M3A1 Diamond T Halftrack, 43 WC63.
https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/

Post by tankdriver »

The only thing I have found that always works is Peppermint oil. Put a few drops on a cotton ball and tose it anywhere you do not want the vermin. I live out in the country, and have a constant battle with the things under my house, in the shop, and in any vehicle that is not driven for a few days. I tried everything.

You have to use real pure peppermint oil, not extract, or any fake stuff. I learned this trick from classic car guys.

Give it a try, you'll like it.... :thumbup:
1943 WC63......1942 57mm Anti-Tank

Have owned...M5A1 Stuart

Have Restored...M20

MVPA Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors... https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/
Ray Edsall
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Post by Ray Edsall »

G,Day Dave. The only trouble with Rat sack/Tallon that i have found is that ,when they Die . They usually do it where you cannot see them . Boy do they stink . Especially Rats. The only way i can find them is follow my nose or else follow the blow flies . When it get to this stage it almost makes you want to Upchuck .Positively revolting smell .Another thing .Try mouse traps, Baited with peanut butter . I cought 2 last night . Ray.
Ernie Baals
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ernie Baals »

I have 3 outside cats that come and go, ( they were never really mine, they just kinda showed up, still can't get close enough to pet any of them)
They work great. mice, squirrels, chipmonks, birds. small dogs and children!! :lol: